2005-12-15 New free classical guitar sheet music

Here you can help by pointing out any mistakes in notes, fingering, tempo, dynamic markings, composers' dates, spelling, or bar (measure) numbering that you may find in the forum PDFs.
Please indicate the volume, title of the piece, page number and bar number, to make it easier to check.
Brock

Re: New PDF of the works of Llobet

Post by Brock » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:35 pm

A big thank you to everyone who has contributed on creating this resource. Music, photos, and biography make a superb package.

John Spain

Post by John Spain » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:47 pm

I've only just had an opportunity to skim through the biography part of the PDF document, and it looked both fascinating and incredibly well-put together. To M. Delcamp and all those who contributed to this fantastic work, a massive thank you. And a happy new year too!

All the best,

John
Make mine a Franziskaner Wheatbeer

Lorette

Post by Lorette » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:17 pm

What an elegant piece of work! Not only the beautiful solos of Llobet, but his biography and many photos. Thank you Jean-Francois and your team that made it happen. :bravo: :merci:

Springwood

Post by Springwood » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:41 am

Our most sincere thanks.You continue to be, an inspiration to us all.

Meta

Post by Meta » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:08 am

Thanks a lot! Hopefully the inclusion into public domain will extend his legacy.

John Feagin

Post by John Feagin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:35 am

This is really great. I appreciate the hard work to make these works available.

John

MickeyD

Post by MickeyD » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:32 pm

thanks once again.

dreamsdays

Post by dreamsdays » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:29 pm

thank you

Stav Mushkat

Post by Stav Mushkat » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:45 am

it shall take me some time... but it's worth every second.
delcamp, you're the best!

WrenBlue

Post by WrenBlue » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:00 pm

How does one gain permission to view the PDF files on the scores forum? I tried writing to Jean-François Delcamp for permission but never heard back?

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:20 pm

You need to apply for the relevant usergroup membership. See here for instructions. You need to have made 2 posts to apply for group 002, 20 posts for group 020, etc. The Llobet works require 40 posts and group 040.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

WrenBlue

Post by WrenBlue » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:31 pm

Hm.. I am hindered because I used to belong to this forum and posted fairly often. Then I got a new computer and when I tried to log on, found that I was no longer in the database and had to re-register. Therefore you're saying I have to just write 40 posts of gibberish just to allow me to download files? hm... that's a bummer.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:20 pm

Your previous account would only have been deleted if you'd posted fewer than one post on average per month of membership. Members who lose their accounts in this way can reapply immediately, but have to start afresh. It's always a good idea to try to stay "in credit" in case you're unable to get to the forum for a month or two.

I'm afraid gibberish posts aren't counted towards your usergroup membership, by the way, but there are so many topics being discussed that I'm sure you'll find plenty of opportunity to get your count back up. After all, the Llobet collection took months of hard and painstaking work by Jean-François and a small army of volunteers to revise and arrange the scores, enter all the notation manually into music editing software, and then proof-read it all, and I'm sure you wouldn't expect to get access to the result without some sort of small contribution in return. There are plenty of scores available to people in the 002 and 020 groups, but the more advanced scores are a reward for the more actively participating members.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

WrenBlue

Post by WrenBlue » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:01 pm

Hi Geoff,

You're absolutely right. I was just initially frustrated to learn that I needed to post more after losing my old account. But I understand the reason why and agree that it is fair to give participating members more benefits. This is quite a good forum. Thanks very much for the info!

Wren

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:25 am

Thanks, Wren, for your understanding.

Regards,

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

Return to “Updates and amendments to scores”