Reporting Errors in PDFs levels 10 to 12

Here you can help by pointing out any mistakes in notes, fingering, tempo, dynamic markings, composers' dates, spelling, or bar (measure) numbering that you may find in the forum PDFs.
Please indicate the volume, title of the piece, page number and bar number, to make it easier to check.
Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

Reporting Errors in PDFs levels 10 to 12

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Mon May 26, 2008 11:35 pm

Hello,
You can help me by telling me if you find mistakes in .pdf's: notes, tempo, dynamics, mistakes in the dates of composers or spelling mistakes or numbering mistakes that you see in my PDF's.

Please do not report possible errors in fingerings.

Here's how I would like for you to do this... When you find errors in my PDF's, post a message at the end of this thread with the list of errors that you have found (in the most recent version of the file(s), of course). I may not necessarily respond immediately, but I will answer as soon as possible. Remember to specify the volume, the title of the work, the page number and the measure number to facilitate the checking.

I do not speak English, but through the notes we will be able to understand each other. :wink:

Sincerely,
Jean Delcamp
:( + ♫ = :)

djerome

Albeniz Sevilla

Post by djerome » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:59 pm

Albeniz, Sevilla, p 3, bars 38-40. Your edition reads like the Piano edition I have, the Kalmus, which does not seem authoritative. But Williams, Romero, and the pianist Larrocha play: melody: d, c#, a, a (repeats), the last note of the motif being 'a' the 5th of a d major chord and not the 6th 'b.' In the inner line the 16th note 'b's in all three bars are played 'b flats."
I am not an Albeniz scholar, don't have access to a really trustworthy edition, but the greats all seem to play it the same way.
Otherwise a very useful and musical edition. Thank you.

marlovitsh

Mistake in Grande Sonate, Nicolò Paganini

Post by marlovitsh » Mon May 24, 2010 6:37 pm

I just don't know where else to post this - I read somewhere else this piece is inside D08 - D10 (cannot read them yet - I just joined the forum):

I found a little fingering mistake inside the "Grande Sonate", Nicolò Paganini found on http://www.paganininiccolo.com/
(http://www.delcamp.at/pdf/niccolo_pagan ... sonate.pdf)

Allegro risoluto
line 7, last bar: should be barré on IX and not X

Andantino variato
line 251, third system, first bar, on the trioles: should be "1-3-4" instead of "1-3-0"

Thanks anyway for all this huge work!

Harry
guitars: Marcelino Lopez Nieto (1985), Paul Fisher Lutherie (1983)

Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Mistake in Grande Sonate, Nicolò Paganini

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Mon May 24, 2010 7:17 pm

thank you Harry, :merci:
It's done and it's updated

marlovitsh

Re: Mistake in Grande Sonate, Nicolò Paganini

Post by marlovitsh » Tue May 25, 2010 10:41 am

thank you, Prof. Delcamp!

You're just fantastic

Harry
guitars: Marcelino Lopez Nieto (1985), Paul Fisher Lutherie (1983)

Dave the Great

Paganini Caprice 24 - mistakes?

Post by Dave the Great » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:38 pm

I don't know if this is the right area to post this, but I think there are a couple of mistakes in Delcamp's transcription of Paganini Caprice 24.

In Variation III
bar 47 - it is missing the low g#

in Variation IX
bar 119 - the second "a" I think should be a "b"

there are a couple of possible other ones, too. Not sure on these though...

Variation VIII
bar 99 - instead of the "e,d,c" should it be "e,e,c"

Variation II
bar 28 - instead of the rest should it be a low e

Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Paganini Caprice 24 - mistakes?

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:52 am

Hi Dave,

In Variation III
bar 47 - it is missing the low g# :ouioui:
je corrige

in Variation IX
bar 119 - the second "a" I think should be a "b" :ouioui:
je corrige

there are a couple of possible other ones, too. Not sure on these though...

Variation VIII
bar 99 - instead of the "e,d,c" should it be "e,e,c"
je conserve tel quel

Variation II
bar 28 - instead of the rest should it be a low e :ouioui:
je corrige

http://www.chitarraclassicadelcamp.com/ ... anini.html is updated
:merci:

Merci beaucoup,
Jean-François

pogmoor

Re: Reporting Errors in PDFs levels 10 to 12

Post by pogmoor » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:46 am

Good morning Jean-François.
There is a thread here about your arrangement of Albeniz's Aragon viewtopic.php?f=1&t=71756#p781998. As you will see the issue seems to be with the 4 finger barre in measure 57. The suggestion is that the D should be flat and therefore cannot be played with the barre. Denian Arcoleo also makes the interesting suggestion that the D flat could be resolved to the C in the same octave.

With regards,
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Paul Fischer (1995) and Lester Backshall (2008)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014), Ramirez Guitarra del Tiempo (2017)

Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Mon May 12, 2014 1:41 pm

pogmoor wrote:Good morning Jean-François.
There is a thread here about your arrangement of Albeniz's Aragon viewtopic.php?f=1&t=71756#p781998. As you will see the issue seems to be with the 4 finger barre in measure 57. The suggestion is that the D should be flat and therefore cannot be played with the barre. Denian Arcoleo also makes the interesting suggestion that the D flat could be resolved to the C in the same octave.

With regards,
:ouioui:
thank you Denian and Eric
With regards

Frederic

Post by Frederic » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:57 am

Dear Sir, Enrique Granados died in 1916 while returning from a successful tour in the U.S.A. He and his wife were on the HMS Sussex, which was torpedoed in the Mediterranean by a German Submarine during WW I. The vessel was NOT sunk, but rather split in two. He drowned while leaving ship to save his wife in a notable act of courage, as he did not know how to swim. Most lives were saved, as the ship remained largely intact and was towed to Gibralter. He and his wife were not among the survivors. This leads to my correction. Many of his compositions as contained in Vol 11 show his date of death as 1919. However, his principal notation of biography lists it correctly as 1916. I have found no errors in the musical text, only the repeated error in his date of death.

Return to “Updates and amendments to scores”