Estanislao Marco

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
markworthi

Re: Estanislao Marco

Post by markworthi » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:55 pm

Thank you, Poli, for this information. Excellent recommendation of a composer I had never heard about.
tateharmann wrote:Love his music, first heard it here: http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/audios/la-g ... 3/1815507/
And Thanks, Tate. I got to listen to these pieces here, and they are beautiful!

Polifemo de Oro

Post by Polifemo de Oro » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:42 pm

markworthi wrote:Thank you, Poli, for this information. Excellent recommendation of a composer I had never heard about.

You're welcome. I first spied these curious volumes on the LA Classical Guitars website and at first--and for weeks-- totally ignored them until my curiosity got the better of me. So, one day, I ordered only the first volume. When I received it I started to read through these pieces and I said to myself: Estanislao, where have you been all my life! I immediately ordered the other three volumes fearing that they would no longer be available and that they might even go out of print. Marvelous stuff, indeed.

markworthi

Post by markworthi » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:14 pm

[/quote]
You're welcome. I first spied these curious volumes on the LA Classical Guitars website and at first--and for weeks-- totally ignored them until my curiosity got the better of me. So, one day, I ordered only the first volume. When I received it I started to read through these pieces and I said to myself: Estanislao, where have you been all my life! I immediately ordered the other three volumes fearing that they would no longer be available and that they might even go out of print. Marvelous stuff, indeed.[/quote]

Every day seems to confirm that there are troves of music still to be "rediscovered" for classical guitar. Now I am hoping to find a source for this sheet music: there's no indication at LA Classical Guitars whether or not out-of-stock items can be ordered. I'll wait 'til everyone wakes up in California and give them a call!

All the best,

Mark

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:34 pm

Mark, that could take a few years...

markworthi

Post by markworthi » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:39 pm

RobMacKillop wrote:Mark, that could take a few years...
Uh-oh... I am going to hide under the table and wait for Poli to respond. :D

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:54 pm

:lol:

Polifemo de Oro

Post by Polifemo de Oro » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:06 pm

Oh, Rob--your sporran runneth over. I live in beautiful California. I care not a whit for what some crank in a kilt has to say. :lol:

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:31 pm

The feeling's mutual, my Californian friend! :lol:

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:55 pm

Thanks Poli, great thread bringing to our attention some great music.

I just ordered all four volumes from Piles. Got to the final page and clicked on payment by credit card, then the site said thanks for my order and sent me an order confirmation my email. Very nice except there was nowhere to enter credit card details. Very weird. So now I have an order in limbo that has (I think) been finalised but not paid for.

Has anybody here ordered on line from Piles who can tell me what happens next? I find it very weird to have a full electronic site with shopping carts etc but no credit card entry screen!!! (Or somehow I managed to bypass it).

Cheers
Peter

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:02 pm

If you get the books for free, do tell us!

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:21 pm

RobMacKillop wrote:If you get the books for free, do tell us!
:lol:

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:58 pm

Volume 1 just arrived. Looks good. Busy couple of days ahead, but I hope to get stuck into it at the weekend. Thanks to Poli for the heads up.

Polifemo de Oro

Post by Polifemo de Oro » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:08 pm

Rob, you're most welcome. I hope you enjoy this music as much as I am! I just love playing that very first piece in volume 1, called, Cariño (affection) as well as the one called ¡¡Dulce Recuerdo!! (Sweet Remembrance); but they are all very fine.

tateharmann

Post by tateharmann » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:37 pm

MartinCogg wrote:On the subject of new/old romantics - I never heard of Rudolf Leberl (1884-1952) before this new naxos release caught
my attention -

http://www.naxos.com/catalogue/item.asp ... 9.70244-45

Chanterelle published op46 + op48 .
Listening to this now! I have the premium Naxos account so I can listen to full tracks - quite a great Composer this one :)
"One should always eat muffins quite calmly. It is the only way to eat them."

MartinCogg
Amateur luthier

Post by MartinCogg » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:42 pm

Very oddly, it's listed on Naxos site as a digital download only release, yet some sellers on the big river seem to
be able to offer it as cd release... indeed I ordered a copy for meself, it arrived this week, it's a perfectly normal
double cd album, and I've given it a listen through already - all very nicely played and presented.

bit of a mystery :?

Return to “Public Space”