Estanislao Marco

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
bear

Re: Estanislao Marco

Post by bear » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:39 pm

I was just listening to Andante Religioso.
2013 Jeff Medlin '37 Hauser 640mm sp
2006 Michele Della Giustina Concert 10 string 650mm ce
2005 Jose Ramirez 4E 650mm ce
2005 Manuel Rodriguez Model C3F 650mm sp
2003 Manuel Rodriguez Model D 650mm ce

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Thu May 26, 2016 6:37 am

We are not allowed to post videos of his music here, copyright issues, but if you go to my website http://rmClassicalGuitar.com and then click on Videos, you can hear two tunes I recorded this week: Triste Ausencia and Tu Recuerdo, both, in my opinion, beautiful pieces.
Last edited by RobMacKillop on Thu May 26, 2016 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Thu May 26, 2016 6:53 am

RobMacKillop wrote:We are not allowed to post videos of his music here, copyright issues, but if you go to my website http://rmClassicalGuitar.com and then click on Videos, you can hear two tunes I recorded this week: Triste Ausencia and Tu Recuerdo, with, in my opinion, beautiful pieces.
Lovely recordings of those rarely heard pieces. Thanks for posting. I prefer the sound of the Aquila basses to the D'Addario by the way.

Peter

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Thu May 26, 2016 8:27 am

Cheers, Peter.

markworthi

Post by markworthi » Thu May 26, 2016 3:44 pm

RobMacKillop wrote:We are not allowed to post videos of his music here, copyright issues, but if you go to my website http://rmClassicalGuitar.com and then click on Videos, you can hear two tunes I recorded this week: Triste Ausencia and Tu Recuerdo, with, in my opinion, beautiful pieces.

Really, really nice, Rob.

For those of you wondering about the availability of sheet music, I ordered the firs volume from the L.A.-based source, according to Polifemo's recommendation, and the remaining volumes from a domestic (for me, U.S.) website called SheetMusicPlus. They took about 5 weeks to arrive, but are here now. My next piece will be Triste Ausencia, inspired by our talented friend Rob... :)

By the way, does anyone know where Poli went? Haven't seen his posts in a while.

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Thu May 26, 2016 4:45 pm

Thanks, Mark. Poli left the States to live in Spain...or so he claimed. He also said he was giving up the forum. Ditto.

I only have Volume 1 of the four Marco books. The other three are only available from the publisher, but the shipping is ludicrously high. It works out at about 80 USD per book! £50 in UK money. That's very high. Nice music, though.

markworthi

Post by markworthi » Thu May 26, 2016 5:03 pm

Uh -- eighty bucks is exorbitant. Maybe you can have Poli send them from Spain. :)

Here, they were $35 a piece (which is still a bit high). Do you have an idea of what the shipping cost would be from the U.S.?
Incidentally, I am also enjoying your performances for plectrum guitar this morning... more music I hadn't known was out there.

All the best!

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Thu May 26, 2016 5:17 pm

Probably cheaper from the States, as you say. I'll look into it.

Plectrum Guitar - some nice repertoire there. Enjoyable to play. Glad you like it.

Mike Gover

Post by Mike Gover » Thu May 26, 2016 10:40 pm

Absolutely loved Rob's recording of the Trite Ausencia. Really fun to find a "new" composer and body of works- been looking for some inspiration to learn new material.

I immediately ordered Volume 1 from the my San Francisco music source.. its now backordered 2-4 weeks maybe with all this demand there will be motivation on the part of the publisher to get some copies printed and available for sale.

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Thu May 26, 2016 10:59 pm

Cheers, Mike. NB Triste, not Trite! :-)

Mike Gover

Post by Mike Gover » Thu May 26, 2016 11:44 pm

Yeah my typing is terrible!

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:27 pm

Just for your information, I've made a video of Marco's most beautiful "Desengaño" (Disillusionment or Disenchantment). Again I can't provide a direct link, but if you go to my website https://rmclassicalguitar.com and click on Videos, it is currently the first one there. I think it's the most beautiful one of his I've played so far. And, by the way, I just love the way my Ambridge guitar is sounding these days, with Bow Brand gut trebles and Aquila silk basses :D

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:31 pm

Well, I hoped at least one of you liked that ;-)

Here's the introductory text from Volume 1 in English, which includes a biography of Marco:

http://gadgad.es/en/la-biografia-real-a ... an-carlos/

Philosopherguy

Post by Philosopherguy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:15 am

I have been watching your videos of Estanislao Marco Rob and they are excellent. Very nice romantic sound! I especially like Triste Ausencio. Great playing and a wonderful guitar sound!

I have book 1 and 3 of the Estanislao Marco works. I have learned a few tunes, but still haven't had too much time to really work hard on them.

The only thing I don't like about these editions is the binding! I am going to have to take them to someone to have them rebound in spiral form or something. Getting the books to stay open to the song you want is a constant chore. Why would any music publisher do this?!?! It makes no sense.
2013 Ramirez 130 Anos - Spruce
2013 Ramirez 4NE - Cedar
1998 Dean Harrington - Spruce
1977 Kuniharu Nobe - Spruce
1971 Yamaha GC3 - Spruce

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:27 am

I know. And there are quite a few pieces on two pages - but not facing each other! A little thought could have gone into a better layout. Nice music, though. I only have the first volume. So far...

Return to “Public Space”