fretfulbutplucky wrote:1. Tremolo. What a gimmick. Won't play it, won't listen to it.
2. Classical guitarists wearing tuxedos when they perform. Might as well add the big red nose and giant floppy shoes while you're at it.
3. The name "classical guitar". Need something better, but what? "Fingerstyle" is taken by the steel wire brigade, "nylon string guitar" is clumsy, "acoustic" is too general.
Well you have to expect some flack with a post like this, but I'm with you some of the way:
1. Tremolo. What a gimmick. Won't play it, won't listen to it.
So we see eye to eye on that one.
2. Classical guitarists wearing tuxedos when they perform.
Well, it's pretty standard attire for the gig. I go semi-casual with a mandarin collar (so I can nix the tie,) but as long as I don't drink the water from the finger-dishes people don't usually complain.
3. The name "classical guitar."
I'm all for something better, I think you just volunteered for the job! If you could just go ahead and improve on your first two ideas, that'd be great.