How would you spend it?

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
musicbyandy

Re: How would you spend it?

Post by musicbyandy » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:19 pm

I would create a festival for flute, viola and guitar trios. The festival would include workshops focusing on all three instruments, a competition, the commissioning of new works and recording performances of the repertoire.

I would also develop a publisher that prints new popular songs specifically notated for voice and guitar in standard notation. The printed music would not necessarily be transcriptions but usually arrangements with minimal page turns intended for recreational use and teaching purposes.
Andrew Arriaga

Board of Directors, Classical Revolution PDX
Guitar Instructor, Suzuki Stumptown
Music Editor, OCP

Larry

Post by Larry » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:41 pm

Along the lines of what Dory mentioned about setting up guitar training schools in urban areas for kids who couldn't afford music lessons, I would make a huge donation to the Kithara Project which does just that.

The kitharaproject.org is a non-profit organization with three community-based guitar education programs already running in the US and Mexico. They're already doing some inspiring work, and will take your donations now, even if you haven't won the lottery yet! :wink:

metrognome

Post by metrognome » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:20 am

I like the idea of starting a competition with prizes for performance (solo through quartet) and composition.
Tune it up!

razz

Post by razz » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:11 am

I would set up a sponsorship fund that would supplement the income of professional players. Guitarists should be able to earn a living performing.

REHII

Post by REHII » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:16 am

I would buy more guitars with it!!
But I have a sever problem.
It would be great if a VERY wealthy person would become a patron of the arts, or artists!

Chuah Hui Hsien

Post by Chuah Hui Hsien » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:55 am

I would start a scientific research to produce a much stable,better strings for classical guitar, strings that produce sonorous sound,bold projection,perfect intonation, colourful tones, easy on fingers.... and strings that last longer, most importantly they will not be affected by humidity and temperature.

If you read through the strings section from this forum, you can see strings are the most controversial issues that get forum members debate with one another.

Classical guitarists are still searching for more reliable and playable strings.
2017 Karel Dedain Spruce/Maple (Torres) 64cm
1998 Yamaha GD 10, Spruce/IRW 65cm
1988 Alhambra AL 8, Cedar/IRW 65cm

HNLim

Post by HNLim » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:46 am

What I will do is I will buy a Ferrari and swap it with JOSÉ L. ROMANILLOS for his prized guitar. No rules broken here right?
1980 Yamaha GC30A - BRW/Spruce
1984 Yamaha GC70 - BRW/Spruce
2015 Sen #5 - BRW/Spruce
2017 LHN - BRW/Spruce

Return to “Public Space”