Your classical guitar music earworm?

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
soufiej

Re: Your classical guitar music earworm?

Post by soufiej » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:45 pm

My "stuck in" songs change constantly. They do follow somewhat whatever piece I'm learning.

If you are interested in the cognitive science behind why this occurs, try this book; http://daniellevitin.com/publicpage/boo ... -on-music/

Randy Johnson

Post by Randy Johnson » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:20 pm

Claire De Lune. Because of the game The Evil Witnin. :)

Altophile

Post by Altophile » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:27 pm

Mine has changed many times over the years, but right now I can't get enough of:

The Fields of Athenry, as performed by Hanan Harchol

nlong

Post by nlong » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:44 pm

Rosheger Waltz No 7. Those first few measures won't leave my head. Despite it being an earworm, it's not a great song for humming, as I'm sure my partner will attest to.

Gustavosamor

Post by Gustavosamor » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:35 pm

Alegrías by Celedonio Romero.

dory

Post by dory » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:41 pm

I also tend to find that whatever I am learning right now runs through my head a lot. However the horror of my situation is that when i get a true earworm-- something I absolutely cannot get out of my head, it is generally something horrible, like an advertising jingle or a pop song i don't like.
Dory

MhyrrBenz

Post by MhyrrBenz » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:13 am

I'm so glad you asked because I am suffering. I have non-stop playing, (even while I sleep or sit here typing this) of Barrios' Leyenda de Espana, combined with Rumores de la Caleta (Albeniz?) and Asturias' Leyenda. I had been playing them together but went on away from them, as soon as I felt the worm slide in. It's almost 2 months now and I'm sure it's a tumor by now; one good piece of advice, or so I thought, was, " . . . if you're a musician, go back and play that piece." So I did and so it, the freaking worm, stayed anyway, with a vengeance. I'm thinking of standing on my head or something more extreme. Yes, worms can come and go as I am learning, but come on now! Anybody, help?! :shock:

montana

Post by montana » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:41 am

MhyrrBenz wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:13 am
I'm so glad you asked because I am suffering. I have non-stop playing, (even while I sleep or sit here typing this) of Barrios' Leyenda de Espana, combined with Rumores de la Caleta (Albeniz?) and Asturias' Leyenda. I had been playing them together but went on away from them, as soon as I felt the worm slide in. It's almost 2 months now and I'm sure it's a tumor by now; one good piece of advice, or so I thought, was, " . . . if you're a musician, go back and play that piece." So I did and so it, the freaking worm, stayed anyway, with a vengeance. I'm thinking of standing on my head or something more extreme. Yes, worms can come and go as I am learning, but come on now! Anybody, help?! :shock:
I think I can help here...try this as a substitute:
Sleep country USA..why by a mattress anywhere else.
Hope that helps :)

doug

Post by doug » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:43 pm

I've been watching a series of fingerpicking videos by Muriel Anderson, and right now my "earworm" is a simple little fingerpicking tune that I am making up, using the chord progression: C A7 Dm G9
It's not classical.....it's more bluesy sounding......but I'm playing on a classical guitar, and the tune's stuck in my head......does that count?
2017 Jason Wolverton spruce/maple, 640, "Luz Blanca"
2016 Kenny Hill New World Estudio 640, cedar
2015 Kenny Hill Performance 640, C/IR
2017 Kenny Hill Player Cutaway, 640, Sp

MhyrrBenz

Post by MhyrrBenz » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:49 pm

doug wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:43 pm
I've been watching a series of fingerpicking videos by Muriel Anderson, and right now my "earworm" is a simple little fingerpicking tune that I am making up, using the chord progression: C A7 Dm G9
It's not classical.....it's more bluesy sounding......but I'm playing on a classical guitar, and the tune's stuck in my head......does that count?
I think any repetitive bunch of bars counts; I'm long free of the months long earworm above, but won't play pieces for a while to be sure. In the meantime, though, music runs through my head day and night and I can only attribute this phenomenon to love of music, built in radio and the neuroplasticity of the brain. :guitare:

DJM

Post by DJM » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:38 pm

Isaac Albeniz- Asturias (Leyenda) No. 5 Suite Espanola, Op. 47.

Not a good choice for a beginner like me, but I can't leave it be... :oops:

Flawiler63

Post by Flawiler63 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:56 pm

Roland Dyens' arrangements of Felicidade and El Choclo. The only way to get them out of my head would probably be to play them. Now if only they weren't so fingerbendingly difficult...

hectoring

Post by hectoring » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:59 pm

Andrew York's Lotus Eaters. Now to find three more like-minded people!

AAA

Post by AAA » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:28 am

Bach's Chaconne in Dm. Various sections at various times. In college, my roommate accused me of singing it in my sleep.

AA

Guitar Maniac

Post by Guitar Maniac » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:00 am

Not really an earworm, I don't really get into the melody of Bach's Chaconne during daytime, but whenever I have a hard time falling into sleep, I often imagine the whole piece in my mind and it works wonder.

Return to “Public Space”