If someone used your recordings, mentioned your name, but claim that he recorded it himself - what would you do?

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
ddray

Re: If someone used your recordings, mentioned your name, but claim that he recorded it himself - what would you do?

Post by ddray » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:37 pm

Stickyhead wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:32 pm
He has the option set where he has to approve comments. I see my comment only when I am logged in but no others can see it.
A.k.a. "ghosted" :D

AndreiKrylov

Re: If someone used your recordings, mentioned your name, but claim that he recorded it himself - what would you do?

Post by AndreiKrylov » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:05 pm

petermc61 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:50 am
I am not sure I can add much to the suggestions about what comments you should leave, but I DO think it appropriate to comment now on just how lovely the music is and your playing is very sensitive. Bravo Andrei!!!
Thanks Peter!
I'd better speak by music...Please listen my guitar at Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, etc.

AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:07 pm

Stickyhead wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:13 pm
Stickyhead wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:20 pm
Tom I do not see your comment it may have been removed. I also commented on this with the following.

The claim that you and your dad are playing this is untrue, this music was ripped from Andrei Krylov. https://www.youtube.com/user/AndreiKrylov
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4OIpn ... 2Q/videos
It looks like this user has it set where comments have to be approved by him before they are posted. The comment l left is not showing up.
Thanks a lot for your help!
I'd better speak by music...Please listen my guitar at Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, etc.

AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:08 pm

lagartija wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:25 pm
I see that only the copyright holder can submit the takedown form, Andrei. So you would have to fill out the online form and submit it to YouTube. They have instructions. If you are using a phone, the “flag” icon has the link to the form in its menu. They recommend that you fill out the form using a desk top computer not a phone.
Thanks lagartija !

AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:08 pm

Lawler wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:40 pm
Interesting thread. Perhaps if everyone reading the thread reported to YT that the pirated vid was "Spam or misleading" (and it certainly is misleading to say the least), YT would respond. Next to the Like and Dislike buttons (that appear to have been deactivated) there are three dots. (...) That's where the Spam or Misleading report lies.

Andrei, the music sounds beautiful.
Thanks for your compliment and help!

AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:16 pm

Thanks friends for all your help!
Somehow he did not delete my last comment:

While I am flattered that people are enjoying my music, and I really like this video, I do not appreciate "phpdev67" claiming the recordings are their own, from a 'note-for-note transcription'. The music in this video is my own actual recorded music. I request that the video description be changed immediately to reflect the truth that the video uses my original recordings from my albums. Please listen full albums of Andrei Krylov on Spotify , Applemusic, Deezer etc.

Now I will wait for some time - maybe he will change his description /explanation and remove these strange claims ...
video itself says "original music by Andrei Krylov" and go under youtube license as "London Branle" by Andrei Krylov ( • )
if he will not change his description /explanation I'll start removal process.

Thanks again!

ameriken

Post by ameriken » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:48 pm

Well maybe we as members can spam this guys channel with embarrassing comments about copyright infringement. Enough of it and maybe he'll get sick of all the remarks and change the description or just take it down on his own.

I'm just trying to come up with a way to do an internet version of a throat punch. :twisted:
Amalio Burguet 1A Spruce
Takamine C-132S

Randy Johnson
Student of the online lessons

Post by Randy Johnson » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:38 pm

ameriken wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:48 pm
Well maybe we as members can spam this guys channel with embarrassing comments about copyright infringement. Enough of it and maybe he'll get sick of all the remarks and change the description or just take it down on his own.

I'm just trying to come up with a way to do an internet version of a throat punch. :twisted:
That's why he has comments set to be approved. He can just ignore them.
Several years back a groups of punks started spamming my videos with stupid comments and insults, I had to block commenting on them

guitarrista

Post by guitarrista » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:45 pm

ameriken wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:48 pm

This would not work as he would never show the comments. However, you can see all the internet friends he has accumulated over the last few years and their youtube or other accounts this guy has. How about posting the comments on these people's accounts along with explanation in the comment why it is posted here instead of directly to phpdev67's video - then he cannot delete them and would be forced explain to his friends, even if these friends eventually delete the comments. Hopefully the social embarrassment (which he is clearly worried about) caused by this will be enough to force him to do what is right.
Konstantin
--
1982 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez

robin loops

Post by robin loops » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:02 pm

Another thing you can try is posting a link to the original recording (the exact recording he used) done by you (even better if it is accompanied by video of you playing it) in the comments. That will also let people 'see for themselves' that you are speaking the truth.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.
-James-

Stephen Kenyon
Teacher

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:18 pm

I know you've said you would be happy enough for the video to remain if only it was properly described, which is up to you Andrei but to answer the question posed in the thread title I would hammer the miscreant because of the profoundly disrespectful and criminal act committed. It seems to me you do not need and would not really sufficiently benefit from such exposure as the existence of this video gives if left up with correct attribution, but does reward (is it monetised?) the channel owner and fails to comunicate that an extremely bad thing was done; at least, I would want all the video editing work they did to go to waste.
I do tend to see things in rather binary way...
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)

Randy Johnson
Student of the online lessons

Post by Randy Johnson » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:13 pm

Looks like this video has been removed.

ameriken

Post by ameriken » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:02 pm

Excellent!
Amalio Burguet 1A Spruce
Takamine C-132S

AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:44 pm

Thanks for your help and support friends!

Return to “Public Space”