Too much work to do - no time to this forum anymore

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
AndreiKrylov

Too much work to do - no time to this forum anymore

Post by AndreiKrylov » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:22 pm

Too much work to do - no time to this forum anymore -

it will be magic words I will say to myself.
See if it will work :)

Thanks and Good luck to all friends guitarists!

Randy Johnson

Re: Too much work to do - no time to this forum anymore

Post by Randy Johnson » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:29 pm

Don't let the opinions and posts of others cause you to stop coming here to these forums..

If you do go good luck to you..

lagartija

Post by lagartija » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:37 pm

We would greatly miss your opinions and input, Andrei. Please consider just taking a break for a while. Come back when you have time.
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

simonm

Post by simonm » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:50 pm

Andrei,
Glad to hear that you are busy in a good way. Hopefully you will manage an occasional post to let people know who you are doing. Thank you.

CJguitar

Post by CJguitar » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:55 pm

Don't feel obligated to post things on a forum. I used to be a frequent poster but I find more enjoyment in just browsing and only chime in every once in a while.

gingko

Post by gingko » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:24 pm

Appreciate you sharing your knowledge on the forum, Andrei. Hope you return when you have more time.
work, work, work...play, play, play...

Andrew Pohlman

Post by Andrew Pohlman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:15 pm

I get it. You must choose how to spend what limited time we have. I don't even have time to get tipsy anymore as that will interfere with more productive pursuits! :D

Go in peace dude ! I hope you find the time to return to us!
2013 Rodriguez FF Sabicas blanco
2015 Trevor Gore custom Neoclassical
- redwood top, Palo dorado B+Ss.

soltirefa

Post by soltirefa » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:16 pm

Omg, again?

riffmeister

Post by riffmeister » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:03 pm

soltirefa wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:16 pm
Omg, again?
I've lost count!

Good luck Andrei and may the force be with you!!

AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:34 pm

gingko wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:24 pm
Appreciate you sharing your knowledge on the forum, Andrei. Hope you return when you have more time.
Thanks! it is exactly why I feel it is useless...I share my experience, things which help me to do and achieve a lot of things in music work - but I feel back and very often from folks who according to their own description just starting out or spent some times, but never complete anything what they wanted - so I feel = No, you wrong, you do not know, it is not like that, not true etc.
No real arguments and facts, not years of experience to back out their position, and zero respect to my 50 years of experience .
In such atmosphere discussion of serious subjects becoming absolutely useless waste of time...
and maybe that is fate of forums like that - anonymous folks who started play guitars last year are ready to teach anybody anything in our craft ...
So yes - I feel my experience and ideas been devalued here...
and yes!
Andrew Pohlman wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:15 pm
I get it. You must choose how to spend what limited time we have. I don't even have time to get tipsy anymore as that will interfere with more productive pursuits! :D

Go in peace dude ! I hope you find the time to return to us!
yes it is so true - little time left and so much work to complete...
Good luck to all guitarists here!

Mark Clifton-Gaultier

Post by Mark Clifton-Gaultier » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:40 am

AndreiKrylov wrote:No real arguments and facts, not years of experience to back out their position, and zero respect to my 50 years of experience.
That, unfortunately, is the nature of such a forum Andrei but you can be assured that at least some of the quiet majority do indeed have respect for the long experience of someone like yourself.
AndreiKrylov wrote:I feel my experience and ideas been devalued here...
The general reader will judge for themselves who here has something worthwhile to offer and filter out the dross though, amongst the many thousands of posts, it is easy to overlook useful entries as threads lengthen; perhaps a better place for you to write might be a personal blog-like site?

There are just a handful of regular contributors here on Delcamp who's posts are usually interesting or informative - you are one of the few. I dislike Facebook intensely but have "friended" you just to keep an eye out in case you do eventually stop posting here.

Best wishes for your future projects.

rpavich

Post by rpavich » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:02 am

Mark Clifton-Gaultier wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:40 am
AndreiKrylov wrote:No real arguments and facts, not years of experience to back out their position, and zero respect to my 50 years of experience.
That, unfortunately, is the nature of such a forum Andrei but you can be assured that at least some of the quiet majority do indeed have respect for the long experience of someone like yourself.
AndreiKrylov wrote:I feel my experience and ideas been devalued here...
The general reader will judge for themselves who here has something worthwhile to offer and filter out the dross though, amongst the many thousands of posts, it is easy to overlook useful entries as threads lengthen; perhaps a better place for you to write might be a personal blog-like site?

There are just a handful of regular contributors here on Delcamp who's posts are usually interesting or informative - you are one of the few. I dislike Facebook intensely but have "friended" you just to keep an eye out in case you do eventually stop posting here.

Best wishes for your future projects.
As a beginner, i agree with this. People know who’s the real deal and who’s not. I appreciate your wisdom.
Asturias AST-100-heavily modified by Robert England.

Guero

Post by Guero » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:45 am

:chaud:

ddray

Post by ddray » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:17 pm

AndreiKrylov wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:34 pm
gingko wrote:
Thanks! it is exactly why I feel it is useless...I share my experience, things which help me to do and achieve a lot of things in music work - but I feel back and very often from folks who according to their own description just starting out or spent some times, but never complete anything what they wanted - so I feel = No, you wrong, you do not know, it is not like that, not true etc.
No real arguments and facts, not years of experience to back out their position, and zero respect to my 50 years of experience .
In such atmosphere discussion of serious subjects becoming absolutely useless waste of time...
and maybe that is fate of forums like that - anonymous folks who started play guitars last year are ready to teach anybody anything in our craft ...
I do respect your knowledge, talent and experience, but I detect a bit too much ego in that statement. It's as if you with your experience and knowledge have nothing left to learn yourself, and that no one with less than 50 years of experience and loads of recorded performances has anything to contribute. I don't see very many "newbies" on here presuming to teach anyone about the guitar. I was never under the impression that this forum is *only* for seasoned performers with a recording history. A forum like this is going to be made up of all types of people, and if dealing with people who are not clones of yourself and will agree with everything you have to say makes you feel that you are "devalued", then maybe platforms like this aren't for you. It seems that you are seeking validation of your superior talent and knowledge and if you don't get it to your satisfaction you'll emphatically take your ball and go home. Someone with your accomplishments should be secure enough in them to tolerate a little disagreement or even apathy from time to time.
I do enjoy your performances and insights though and I wish you the best.

AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:58 pm

ddray wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:17 pm
AndreiKrylov wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:34 pm
gingko wrote:
I do respect your knowledge, talent and experience, but I detect a bit too much ego in that statement. It's as if you with your experience and knowledge have nothing left to learn yourself, and that no one with less than 50 years of experience and loads of recorded performances has anything to contribute. I don't see very many "newbies" on here presuming to teach anyone about the guitar. I was never under the impression that this forum is *only* for seasoned performers with a recording history. A forum like this is going to be made up of all types of people, and if dealing with people who are not clones of yourself and will agree with everything you have to say makes you feel that you are "devalued", then maybe platforms like this aren't for you. It seems that you are seeking validation of your superior talent and knowledge and if you don't get it to your satisfaction you'll emphatically take your ball and go home. Someone with your accomplishments should be secure enough in them to tolerate a little disagreement or even apathy from time to time.
I do enjoy your performances and insights though and I wish you the best.
validation?
my health is going down.
It is clear that my performances as a classical guitarist are over.
I have to finish immense amount of work.
That is why I need to save my time and stop writing here .
Good luck!
Thanks!

Return to “Public Space”