How old is too old?

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
Jordona

Re: How old is too old?

Post by Jordona » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:05 am

bear wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:33 pm
Dead is too old. If you ain't dead, you're good.
The best answer...ever !!! 😁

Rognvald

Post by Rognvald » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:38 am

Reality: Every day we live . . . our body dies slowly. One day, we expire. Live every day to the fullest. Enjoy your life. Playing again . . . Rognvald
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathustra

frankao999

Post by frankao999 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:30 pm

chrisphattingh wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:46 am
It is true what Alvisa says:
Playing simple pieces musically is a rewarding goal as opposed to killing difficult piece
I am 80, started again after 35 years, (read my 1st post). Two and halve years later, I am having an absolute ball, its the journey, not the destination.

Actually, I don't mind if I kill some of the difficult pieces but its about getting better and learning and just the pure joy of the guitar music.

Good luck and enjoy.
The best attitude anyone can have about ANYTHING! If we all felt like that the world would be a better pace and everyone would be very much happier in everything. Commendations! I hope to continue that idea as i march towards you age!
cheers

fast eddie

Post by fast eddie » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:32 pm

I just turned 79. Played 40 years ago for a few years with a very qualified, good teacher, but put it away for a variety of reasons. One reason was hand surgery. Three years ago I began playing again with a renewed zeal. Just wish I had the skill to go with my enthusiasm. But I am really enjoying myself and cannot imagine life without the guitar. So I just keep going, not having any idea of where to, but I can't stop. I play every night for a couple of hours then Netflix or youtube (guitar stuff) for a little. :)
Fast Eddie
Cordoba C 10 Spruce
Cordoba C 10 Cedar
1974 Hernandis

Tonit

Post by Tonit » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:01 am

We are all too old, given the subject matter is an endless road and nobody sees the end of it that none of us is young enough to get down on the road to see.

metrognome

Post by metrognome » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:40 pm

I vote for never too old, the main thing is you need to have the desire and put in the work. I have recently at 66 learned to read notation by patiently using it to practice simple exercises. It actually came fairly quickly once I began to seriously work at it. The key is to look at the music with patience and a guitar in hand, and work it out a measure at a time. Lessons could only help.
Tune it up!

Tonit

Post by Tonit » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:08 pm

Sorry I meant we are never too old to start, but definitely too old to see the other end of it.
"We" includes all the top notches and elementary school beginners.

Return to “Public Space”