Trouble downloading files

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
Klaatu2u

Trouble downloading files

Post by Klaatu2u » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:41 am

Hi,

I have just recently joined here and have a question. Please excuse if my description a bit off as I am not sure what the tech terms are for some things.

Short story, if you look above the 'public space' forum large print there is a list of sub forums in blue smaller font. I clicked on the 'Sor' link and what a great listing!

Tried to download a few and each time (I was never successful, just trying to see if same issue on each file different each time, and it is) The file downloaded partially and I get a watch curser icon that never goes away and the page is locked up, have to close. Looking in the address bar I can see it has switched me to some other site. Weird! Same thing on three different Sor compositions.

If the link opened in a new window (more what I thought customary on the web as it takes me off this site) then I could close it and go about my business, but as is takes me away from this site to another and I loose both after the lockup.

Any help appreciated and i am sorry if this not the right place to ask for help about this.

Any help very much appreciated and my congratulations on the web site..

Bernhard Heimann

Re: Trouble downloading files

Post by Bernhard Heimann » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:01 am

Hi,
helping you would be easier if you can specify what kind of computer, operating system and browser you are using.
Bernhard

simonm

Post by simonm » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:15 am

I would say the answer is almost certainly in Eric's welcome message to you.
Erik Zurcher wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:49 am
- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.
When you have two messages approved you some download permissions, when you join 020, you get more permission. As you now have 3 messages listed, you should be able to download at least some files. Eric also linked to an FAQ for new users.

Klaatu2u

Post by Klaatu2u » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:45 pm

Hello and thank you Bernhard and simonm(moderator).

It is an older computer running WIn7home premium and browser is ie11.something(it's up to date)

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F16, 10/24/2012
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Available Physical Memory 12.4 GB
Available Virtual Memory 27.8 GB

I am in USA in Portland, Oregon.

I will locate to 020 group and join there too. Again, thank you.

Bernhard Heimann

Post by Bernhard Heimann » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:52 pm

Downloading files from
https://www.guitareclassiquedelcamp.com ... dosor.html
is not limited to the 020 group, so there should be no problem with it.
Your configuration is not the newest technology, but shouldn't cause problems, too.
Did you try a right mouse click to the URL of the requested document and "save..." to a folder on your computer?

Bernhard

Klaatu2u

Post by Klaatu2u » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:10 pm

Thank you again. Last night it worked for me, all good here.

Return to “Public Space”