Carlo Domeniconi and Nil

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
José Calcedo

Carlo Domeniconi and Nil

Post by José Calcedo » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:29 pm

Greetings:

I am José Calcedo, a new user of this forum. Let me tell you a story:

I live in Seville, Spain. I have played the guitar for a long time, and recently I have been interested in Carlo Domeniconi. His music was outstanding for me, with such a complexity and harmony only a few composers could match. But the truth is that more than Domeniconi, I have been more interested in one of his songs, "Nil". I think it needs no introduction, but if you don't know about it, let me explain it in few words: 16 minutes of improvisation over a few notes he had where only God knows. 16 MINUTES! That is not an average number for an improvisation, don't you think?

The truth is that I came here looking for people who could be interested in transcribing the original recording. Although I'm not experimented in transcription, I find this idea a huge benefit for the comunity. Imagine having 16 minutes of pure virtuosity in paper. Sounds good, right?

If you are interested in it, just follow up this topic and comment your ideas.
Have a nice day!

P.D.: Here's a link for those who don't believe the improvisation part viewtopic.php?t=73822

George Crocket

Re: Carlo Domeniconi and Nil

Post by George Crocket » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:44 pm

Hello José. Welcome to Delcamp. Please post an introduction so that we can get to know you better - viewforum.php?f=28.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Altophile

Re: Carlo Domeniconi and Nil

Post by Altophile » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:43 pm

Could this be the Variations (1982) on an Anatolian Folk Song by Domeniconi? The sheet music is available at Sheetmusicplus, and it's 10 pages long, which should be about right.

Return to “Public Space”