"Style" of this little piece?

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
al17

"Style" of this little piece?

Post by al17 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:21 pm

From 2:26 to 2:40. Anyone know what "style" or particular classical guitarists that have pieces sound similar to this?

al17

Re: "Style" of this little piece?

Post by al17 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:15 pm

Bump

Lovemyguitar

Post by Lovemyguitar » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:02 am

It's more flamenco than classical. Check out "Ramón Montoya - Soléa" on youtube. It might be along the lines of what you're looking for!

guitarrista

Post by guitarrista » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:14 am

Lovemyguitar wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:02 am
It's more flamenco than classical. Check out "Ramón Montoya - Soléa" on youtube. It might be along the lines of what you're looking for!
I don't think so; the music has a duple meter. It sounds like a Paso doble. Compare with this, for example.
Konstantin
--
1982 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez

Lovemyguitar

Post by Lovemyguitar » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:27 am

guitarrista wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:14 am
Lovemyguitar wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:02 am
I don't think so; the music has a duple meter. It sounds like a Paso doble. Compare with this, for example.
I stand corrected.

al17

Post by al17 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:52 am

Thanks for the replies. I'll try to ask my teacher as well about this if I get a chance.

musicbyandy

Post by musicbyandy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:02 pm

I don't know the specific style of guitar but much of the 3 minutes of music is the paso doble style among other styles.
Andrew Arriaga

Board of Directors, Classical Revolution PDX
Guitar Instructor, Suzuki Stumptown
Music Editor, OCP

Ray

Post by Ray » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:41 am

al17 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:52 am
Thanks for the replies. I'll try to ask my teacher as well about this if I get a chance.
Hold on wait a second!

So you're still not convinced that it's a Pasa Doble? Because it IS and you should thank the person who identified it as such.

And the person who corrected his/herself kudos to you for admitting you were wrong which is a trait not found too much these days.

Ray

Post by Ray » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:43 am

musicbyandy wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:02 pm
I don't know the specific style of guitar but much of the 3 minutes of music is the paso doble style among other styles.
Wait a second - didn't somebody already identify this correctly as a Pasa Doble earlier in this thread and generously give an excellent audio example firmly supporting his correct identification as well? Did you see that person's post? :shock:

musicbyandy

Post by musicbyandy » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:57 pm

Ray wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:43 am
musicbyandy wrote:
Wait a second - didn't somebody already identify this correctly as a Pasa Doble earlier in this thread and generously give an excellent audio example firmly supporting his correct identification as well? Did you see that person's post? :shock:
Yes, I think somebody already identified the audio in this clip as a paso doble and gave an audio example supporting that person's identification. Yes, I saw that person's post.
Andrew Arriaga

Music Editor, OCP

guitarrista

Post by guitarrista » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:44 pm

musicbyandy wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:57 pm
Ray wrote:
musicbyandy wrote:
Yes, I think somebody already identified the audio in this clip as a paso doble and gave an audio example supporting that person's identification. Yes, I saw that person's post.
Ah, good.
Konstantin
--
1982 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez

Ray

Post by Ray » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:35 pm

musicbyandy wrote:
Ray wrote:
musicbyandy wrote:
So if you saw that person's post and agreed with the identification why did you post the same? Just curious...

musicbyandy

Post by musicbyandy » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:12 pm

Ray wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:35 pm
musicbyandy wrote:
Ray wrote:

So if you saw that person's post and agreed with the identification why did you post the same? Just curious...
I suppose I posted the same thing as a form of agreeing. I probably also felt lonely and bored and wanted to make a connection with other people. There's a good chance that I felt a sense of accomplishment from feeling as though I remembered what paso doble sounded like and wanted to celebrate the feeling.
Andrew Arriaga

Music Editor, OCP

Ray

Post by Ray » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:01 am

musicbyandy wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:12 pm
Ray wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:35 pm
musicbyandy wrote:

I suppose I posted the same thing as a form of agreeing. I probably also felt lonely and bored and wanted to make a connection with other people. There's a good chance that I felt a sense of accomplishment from feeling as though I remembered what paso doble sounded like and wanted to celebrate the feeling.
Very good thanks for the explanation - however if you posted the same to agree and to make a connection with other people why not give credit to the person you're agreeing with? For instance you could have said something like "Yes I totally agree! guitarrista is definitely correct, it's a Pasa Doble and his audio example illustrates this very clearly" This way you're connecting, acknowledging, and giving credit to others instead of looking like you don't notice their contribution to answer the question posed by the OP.

PeteJ

Post by PeteJ » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:40 am

Not my fight, but I assumed Andy was adding his support to the original comment. I get the point but this looks like persecution.

Return to “Public Space”