"Style" of this little piece?

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
musicbyandy

Re: "Style" of this little piece?

Post by musicbyandy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:03 pm

Ray wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:01 am
musicbyandy wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:12 pm
Ray wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:35 pm

So if you saw that person's post and agreed with the identification why did you post the same? Just curious...
I suppose I posted the same thing as a form of agreeing. I probably also felt lonely and bored and wanted to make a connection with other people. There's a good chance that I felt a sense of accomplishment from feeling as though I remembered what paso doble sounded like and wanted to celebrate the feeling.
Very good thanks for the explanation - however if you posted the same to agree and to make a connection with other people why not give credit to the person you're agreeing with? For instance you could have said something like "Yes I totally agree! guitarrista is definitely correct, it's a Pasa Doble and his audio example illustrates this very clearly" This way you're connecting, acknowledging, and giving credit to others instead of looking like you don't notice their contribution to answer the question posed by the OP.
I think I didn't give credit to the other person with whom I was agreeing because I didn't read the other person's post until after I posted. I suppose I could have amended my post to acknowledge the other person but admittedly I didn't consider amending my post.

Ray

Post by Ray » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:05 am

musicbyandy wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:03 pm
Ray wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:01 am
musicbyandy wrote:

I suppose I posted the same thing as a form of agreeing. I probably also felt lonely and bored and wanted to make a connection with other people. There's a good chance that I felt a sense of accomplishment from feeling as though I remembered what paso doble sounded like and wanted to celebrate the feeling.
Very good thanks for the explanation - however if you posted the same to agree and to make a connection with other people why not give credit to the person you're agreeing with? For instance you could have said something like "Yes I totally agree! guitarrista is definitely correct, it's a Pasa Doble and his audio example illustrates this very clearly" This way you're connecting, acknowledging, and giving credit to others instead of looking like you don't notice their contribution to answer the question posed by the OP.
I think I didn't give credit to the other person with whom I was agreeing because I didn't read the other person's post until after I posted. I suppose I could have amended my post to acknowledge the other person but admittedly I didn't consider amending my post.
OK well thanks for admitting that - it certainly didn't seem like you initially had read that other person's post and I just wanted to confirm that. Thanks for being a good sport and answering my probing questions- others would have told me to go fly the coop and mind my own business already. :D Have a good musical day.

markworthi

Post by markworthi » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:06 pm

musicbyandy wrote:
Ray wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:35 pm
musicbyandy wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:57 pm

Yes, I think somebody already identified the audio in this clip as a paso doble and gave an audio example supporting that person's identification. Yes, I saw that person's post.
So if you saw that person's post and agreed with the identification why did you post the same? Just curious...
Thanks for the laugh, Andy! (I don't know if you were trying to be funny, but I am still smiling at your response: it perfectly describes almost every one of my posts here).

Best,

Mark

al17

Post by al17 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:36 pm

Ray wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:43 am
musicbyandy wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:02 pm
I don't know the specific style of guitar but much of the 3 minutes of music is the paso doble style among other styles.
Wait a second - didn't somebody already identify this correctly as a Pasa Doble earlier in this thread and generously give an excellent audio example firmly supporting his correct identification as well? Did you see that person's post? :shock:
No this is not what I asked.

I asked about "From 2:26 to 2:40". Read my OP again. I don't think it's paso doble.

guitarrista

Post by guitarrista » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:45 pm

al17 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:36 pm
Ray wrote:
musicbyandy wrote:
I don't know the specific style of guitar but much of the 3 minutes of music is the paso doble style among other styles.
Wait a second - didn't somebody already identify this correctly as a Pasa Doble earlier in this thread and generously give an excellent audio example firmly supporting his correct identification as well? Did you see that person's post? :shock:

I asked about "From 2:26 to 2:40". Read my OP again. I don't think it's paso doble.
Heh. That's what I answered - about the 2:26-2:40 section. It is a paso doble - just a different melody line; the rhythmic structure is identical. :bye:
Konstantin
--
1982 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez

barcod

Post by barcod » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:40 pm

I don't think anyone said this before, so it is definitely Pasa Doble.

:lol:

Ray

Post by Ray » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:07 am

al17 wrote:
Ray wrote:
musicbyandy wrote:

Perhaps you'd like to explain what a Pasadoble is and then state your reasons for why you "don't think" this excerpt from 2:26 to 2:40 is one. A couple of knowledgeable posters have already identified it as a such - are you saying you don't trust their opinion and knowledge to identify? Whose opinion will you trust on this forum? If you don't trust anyone here why ask? :shock: Have you asked your teacher yet? What did he say? Actually maybe the better question is -Who's your teacher and why should WE trust his opinion here on this forum?
Last edited by Ray on Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ray

Post by Ray » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:09 am

barcod wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:40 pm
I don't think anyone said this before, so it is definitely Pasa Doble.

:lol:
No to be exact (in spelling) it's actually (a) Pasadoble :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasodoble
Last edited by Ray on Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

guitarrista

Post by guitarrista » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:23 am

Ray wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:07 am
al17 wrote:
Perhaps you'd like to explain what a Pasadoble is and then state your reasons for why you "don't think" this excerpt from 2:26 to 2:40 is one. A couple of knowledgeable posters have already identified it as a such - are you saying you don't trust their opinion and knowledge to identify? Whose opinion will you trust on this forum? If you don't trust anyone here why ask? :shock: Have you asked your teacher yet? What did he say? Actually maybe the better question is -Who's your teacher and why should WE trust his opinion here on this forum?
:lol: :war:

Ray can you double-check the account number you emailed me - I can't seem to be able to send you the $20 I promised :mrgreen:
Konstantin
--

Ray

Post by Ray » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:36 am

guitarrista wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:23 am
Ray wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:07 am
al17 wrote:
:lol: :war:

Ray can you double-check the account number you emailed me - I can't seem to be able to send you the $20 I promised :mrgreen:
Oh guitarrista you're too kind! I actually was going to send YOU a very nice musical gift for being such a great sport in this thread! Hey I for one trust your opinion and appreciate that you correctly identified this excerpt as a Pasadoble - I actually didn't know what the term was for this kind of music was even though I've heard it in countless bullfighting movies so I must say I learned something from you, thank you! :merci:

Anyway my offer stands if you're searching for a piece of music that you can't find send me a PM and maybe I can help you out, I have a huge collection of sheet music bought and collected over a 50 year timespan that I'm trying to get rid of as I'm getting older now and don't have much use for everything anymore. As for your $20 - I do accept PayPal LOL! :lol:

guitarrista

Post by guitarrista » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:15 pm

Haha Ray, you are very kind! :-) If I can think of something, I will give you a shout! Thank you for your kind offer!
Konstantin
--

Return to “Public Space”