Hohner Leyanda LC-30-N - info?

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
Genmai

Hohner Leyanda LC-30-N - info?

Post by Genmai » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:55 pm

Hello,
I’ve had this guitar for a few years. The label says Hohner Leyanda LC-30-N. Not much info on the web other than an old catalogue saying it has a solid cedar top with mohogany back and sides.
Any info such as country of manufacture, age, value etc. would be appreciated?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2017 Burguet 1A Spruce

Frank Nordberg

Re: Hohner Leyanda LC-30-N - info?

Post by Frank Nordberg » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:38 pm

Hohner never made guitars themselves but generally they are very quality conscious so guitars with that brand tend to offer good value for money.

I think Hohner's Leyanda line was on the market during the 1980s. I don't know how long it was on the market but probably not that many years. If I'm correct, they switched to Strunal as their main guitar supplier fairly early in the 1990s and this is not a Strunal.

A web page I found said it was made in Spain and that seems to make a lot of sense. It's the right style and several Spanish manufacturers did a lot of commission work for various brands at that time. (They still do although Asian and Eastern European manufacturers have taken over much of the market.)

As for quality and value, I don't know anything for sure but I would guess this is an upper midrange model - price when new somewhere between 500 and 1000 USD/EUR perhaps. Maybe a bit higher but I doubt it. Considering that both Spanish factory made guitars and Hohner guitars tend to be a bit underpriced, the quality may well be a notch or two higher than the price tag indicates.

Today they seem to sell for anything between 100 and 300 USD/EUR. I did see one that had sold for only 20 EUR but that seller obviously didn't know what he had.

Genmai

Re: Hohner Leyanda LC-30-N - info?

Post by Genmai » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:57 am

Thanks for all that great info, Frank! I have had the guitar since the early 90s. The scale is about 655mm yet still very playable. I find that it gives a nice Spanish tone with some quality strings on it such as Savarez Alliance.
2017 Burguet 1A Spruce

Return to “Public Space”