Ringing the changes?

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
malc laney

Ringing the changes?

Post by malc laney » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:24 pm

Because CG luthier guitars are just a bit costly , do people play them and feel unable to change without major disruption? I knew a guy who had a Ramirez , but liked the idea of being a bit promiscuous , being seduced by other guitars at the guitar society .How do others solve this problem! Guitar swops? I apologise for the racy language , i'll be seeing my therapist later.

DocStevens

Re: Ringing the changes?

Post by DocStevens » Fri May 10, 2019 2:37 am

Like the old middle eastern idea of multiple wives and concubines, if a man wanted more, he needed to get more money, a better income!
There are other guitars out there that need a better home, and need to be loved by you! That's my attitude, anyaay.

dta721

Re: Ringing the changes?

Post by dta721 » Fri May 10, 2019 3:20 pm

Pay visits to the local or nearby cities (higher-end) guitar shops with the intention to "try-before-buy" to play your most desired guitars, and in the end, you are not obliged to take the plunge! Note that they'd usually require appointment and result in (nagging) follow-ups, but your hands are tied if your disposable income does not allow (and/or controlled by your other boss at home).

If I may borrow your racy language, this is much better than having those cold showers :) !

Return to “Public Space”