What did you practice today?

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
jackhuy
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:16 pm

Re: What did you practice today?

Post by jackhuy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:32 am

bacsidoan wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:43 pm
Niệm Khúc Cuối, music by Ngô Thụy Miên, arranged for guitar by Võ Tá Hân.
Are you Vietnamese mate?

User avatar
Luuttuaja
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:35 pm
Location: Finland

Re: What did you practice today?

Post by Luuttuaja » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:21 am

Today I mostly practiced Carcassi op. 60, no.2. It's getting a bit better all the time.

User avatar
bacsidoan
Posts: 2391
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 1:59 am
Location: Ohio, US

Re: What did you practice today?

Post by bacsidoan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:21 am

jackhuy wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:32 am
bacsidoan wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:43 pm
Niệm Khúc Cuối, music by Ngô Thụy Miên, arranged for guitar by Võ Tá Hân.
Are you Vietnamese mate?
You bet. One of the best tune for tremolo that I know.

User avatar
Bododio
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:02 pm
Location: Pittsburg, California

Re: What did you practice today?

Post by Bododio » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:57 pm

I practiced Alman, by Robert Johnson, and also Segovia/Sor Estudios 2, 3, and 5.
2012 Cordoba C10 (CD), D'Addario EJ45
2015 Pavan TP-30 (SP), D'Addario EJ45

User avatar
fast eddie
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 4:39 am
Location: Columbus, MS USA

Re: What did you practice today?

Post by fast eddie » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:17 am

I feel like I should have a paper bag over my head for this, Today I am finishing another Ragtime piece called "Just what the Doctor Ordered". I have not played in 40 years and started again this past July. This is the third Ragtime piece in the past 2-3 months. They are about 3 - 4 pages each and I think they are fun.
Fast Eddie
Cordoba C 10 Cedar
1974 Hernandis

Pje53
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:33 pm
Location: Pickering, United Kingdom

Re: What did you practice today?

Post by Pje53 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:02 pm

Tarrega capricho Arabe

richtm
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:10 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Re: What did you practice today?

Post by richtm » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:26 pm

Me too, Tarrega capricho Arabe, inspired by Rick Lords latest post...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ernest Köröskenyi 1977 Cedar top; Pauline Bernabe Especial 2007 Spruce top, Andreas Kirmse 2017 Cedar Double-top

timmygoestothezoo
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:23 pm

Re: What did you practice today?

Post by timmygoestothezoo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:46 am

Weiss's "Fantasie". Wonderful piece, but I can't seem to stick the chord transitions in the fast part. Tough!

tsulej
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:49 pm
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Re: What did you practice today?

Post by tsulej » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:31 pm

Back to basics... first 4 pieces from Sor op.60. Slow practice.
Admira Malaga

User avatar
ameriken
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:58 pm
Location: Westminster, Co USA

Re: What did you practice today?

Post by ameriken » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:13 pm

Just started working on the first few bars of Cavatina. I'm always amazed at how many of hours of practice it takes me to successfully play through a few seconds of actual music.
Amalio Burguet 1A Spruce
Takamine C-132S

User avatar
Burmaboy
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:21 am
Location: Yangon, Myanmar

Re: What did you practice today?

Post by Burmaboy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:41 pm

started listern La Paloma by S. Yradier (arr. Francisco Tarrega)

Some bars are quiet difficult for me....
“Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.”
― Mark Twain

User avatar
zupfgeiger
Posts: 1868
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:12 pm
Location: Wezembeek-Oppem, Belgium

Re: What did you practice today?

Post by zupfgeiger » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:41 pm

I still discover the beauty of Bach's first Cello Suite. Currently I am parallely working on the Alemande, the Courante and the two Menuets (with Allen Krantz' arrangement) . Some measures of the Courante require a bit of constant repetition to incorporate the fingerings which seem awkward at first sight, but in general the flow of notes in theses pieces is gorgeous. The melody seems to melt like chocolate in your mouth. The Prelude is a catchy tune of course, but nonetheless a gem. The Prelude as well as the wonderful Gigue are part of my daily practicing repertoire for a couple of years already.
The secret of getting ahead is getting started (Mark Twain)

Tobias Braun, Santos copy, spruce/yew, 2017
Andrea Tacchi, Enrique Garcia model, Spruce/BRAZ, 2016
Giovanni Tacchi, Daniel Friederich copy, cedar/EIR, 2017

User avatar
Erik Zurcher
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 15609
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: The Hague, Netherlands

Re: What did you practice today?

Post by Erik Zurcher » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:22 pm

zupfgeiger wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:41 pm
I still discover the beauty of Bach's first Cello Suite. Currently I am parallely working on the Alemande, the Courante and the two Menuets (with Allen Krantz' arrangement) . Some measures of the Courante require a bit of constant repetition to incorporate the fingerings which seem awkward at first sight, but in general the flow of notes in theses pieces is gorgeous. The melody seems to melt like chocolate in your mouth. The Prelude is a catchy tune of course, but nonetheless a gem. The Prelude as well as the wonderful Gigue are part of my daily practicing repertoire for a couple of years already.
A few years ago I had a private lesson from Prof. Allan Neave during the Classical Guitar Retreat in Scotland. He began by asking me what arrangement I used. I said Allen Krantz'. His reply: excellent!
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

User avatar
zupfgeiger
Posts: 1868
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:12 pm
Location: Wezembeek-Oppem, Belgium

Re: What did you practice today?

Post by zupfgeiger » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:55 am

Erik Zurcher wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:22 pm
zupfgeiger wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:41 pm
I still discover the beauty of Bach's first Cello Suite. Currently I am parallely working on the Alemande, the Courante and the two Menuets (with Allen Krantz' arrangement) . Some measures of the Courante require a bit of constant repetition to incorporate the fingerings which seem awkward at first sight, but in general the flow of notes in theses pieces is gorgeous. The melody seems to melt like chocolate in your mouth. The Prelude is a catchy tune of course, but nonetheless a gem. The Prelude as well as the wonderful Gigue are part of my daily practicing repertoire for a couple of years already.
A few years ago I had a private lesson from Prof. Allan Neave during the Classical Guitar Retreat in Scotland. He began by asking me what arrangement I used. I said Allen Krantz'. His reply: excellent!
Yes, I like it too, although Krantz has been critisized for adding too much bass lines. My Cologne teacher Wulfin Lieske doesn't like this edition at all for that reason. Nonetheless I use Krantz in his lessons. :)
The secret of getting ahead is getting started (Mark Twain)

Tobias Braun, Santos copy, spruce/yew, 2017
Andrea Tacchi, Enrique Garcia model, Spruce/BRAZ, 2016
Giovanni Tacchi, Daniel Friederich copy, cedar/EIR, 2017

User avatar
andreas777
Posts: 577
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:00 pm
Location: Germany

Re: What did you practice today?

Post by andreas777 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:14 pm

I practiced La Cumparsita and El Choclo.
Happiness is when what you think what you say and what you do are in harmony.

Return to “Public Space”