stuck with a beautiful melody

Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Authors' rights

Composers' Workshop
Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.

Once you have subscribed to the 002 group, you can attach the following types of files to your messages:
Audio : .mp3 .ogg .wav .flac
Video : .avi .flv .mov .wmv
Score : .pdf .jpg .gif .png
Finale: .mus
David Gutowski

Re: stuck with a beautiful melody

Post by David Gutowski » Sat May 26, 2018 6:58 am

Rick Beauregard wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 2:00 am
mostly self taught and very well read in the topic . Kind of inspiring.
(...)

Thanks Rick, I'll contact him for some composing information. I basically started composing because I read somewhere if you really are serious about learning to play cg and want to improve, you need to start writing your own music/scores/pieces...and it's true. I've been looking at staffs and notes etc. and not really appreciating their function until I tried to write my own music. It's made a world of difference and has kept me interested in playing and studying music...like getting into the complete or whole music environment.

I've just started learning to quote and reduce the quote so let's see if it works.
Regards,
David
I've really enjoyed some of your posts and comments on this forum.
3 hard things for humans: dentist visit, public speaking, offering forgiveness.

Muse: chg pitch measure rhym feel tempo improvise melody harmonize arpeggios stucco your legato & practice

Carrillo Concert
Yulong Chamber '17
Bozo 123

rpavich

Re: stuck with a beautiful melody

Post by rpavich » Sat May 26, 2018 1:16 pm

Rick Beauregard wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 2:00 am
Bringing this post back. I discovered a podcast and web site, Art of Composing.com. What I like about it is the guy explains very simply just enough harmony, form etc for you to start composing. He has a free comp 101 course. And he is a go for it kind of guy, just quit his job to learn to be a composer for film, no PhD degree music, mostly self taught and very well read in the topic . Kind of inspiring.
Thanks Rick!
I'll check it out. I love that kind of stuff.
Asturias AST-100-heavily modified by Robert England.

Return to “Composers' Workshop”