Anon. - Four South American Songs - D03

Audio and video recordings of romantic and modern music (1850-1940, e.g. Albéniz, Barrios, Coste, Mertz, Llobet).
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Granados, Enrique - op.37/05 Andaluza - D09 Video
or Ságreras, J. S. - op.19 Maria Luisa - D04 (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Ságreras, J. S. - 1/49 Lesson (One digit for lesson-book / two digits for lesson.)
or Anon. - Samba Lele - D03 (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
wazow

Anon. - Four South American Songs - D03

Post by wazow » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:57 pm

This is my slightly messy goodbye with D03 pdf. I look forward to D04 so much that I allow myself a few flaws on this one. Tell me what I should practice (but on new pieces :D ).

All four songs can be found in the D03 pdf, in the end:

1. O Cravo e a Rosa, Brazil (trad., ca. 1850)
2. Carnavalito, Peru (trad., ca. 1850)
3. Nesta Rua, Brazil (trad., ca. 1850)
4. Samba Lele, Brazil (trad., ca. 1850)

All arrangements by Jean-Francois Delcamp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bertran

Re: Anon. - Four South American Songs - D03

Post by Bertran » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:38 pm

You should practice everything that you recognize is not at your finger for sure. :)
For my opinion, rhythm and fluidity is best reached at Samba Lele.

From your post I didn't understand did you play all pieces inside D03. But, if you now decide to start to play pieces inside D04 I have to give you a glimpse that pieces from D04 are more demanding (not all but many of them).
But also, more interesting and prettier so they deserve more practice.

Best, Bertran II

Jeffrey Armbruster

Post by Jeffrey Armbruster » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:24 am

Wow, I thought this was lovely, very musical and clean. Maybe the tone in parts of 2 wasn't as good, but that could be my lousy computer speakers. Great rhythm. Really, what a fine sequence!
Last edited by Jeffrey Armbruster on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wazow

Post by wazow » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:13 pm

Thanks Jeff and Bertrand. Interesting that Samba Lele gives the best effect. At least this one was the hardest to nail :)

Yes, I did play most (if not all) pieces of D03, devoting at least a few days of attention to anything that appeared interesting. I am hoping that there will be more interesting things in D04, and that I will find patience to study them in depth. I totally find my accents, and phrasing to be dull pls a number of mishits, unintentional touches of strings with LH and RH nails, etc. I guess this means even more time spent playing slowly...

The tone is hard to control :) I did play it with brighter sound, but it was not meant to be an ugly sound :D. I was also experimenting also with mic position, and the one in #2 (furthest away and low on the floor) seems the least convincing. I did not have time to re-record the same piece in many positions, so the differences in ambience are audible.

Return to “Our recordings of Romantic and Modern music”