Albeniz, Isaac - op.92 Torre Bermeja - Video

Audio and video recordings of romantic and modern music (1850-1940, e.g. Albéniz, Barrios, Coste, Mertz, Llobet).
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Granados, Enrique - op.37/05 Andaluza - D09 Video
or Ságreras, J. S. - op.19 Maria Luisa - D04 (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Ságreras, J. S. - 1/49 Lesson (One digit for lesson-book / two digits for lesson.)
or Anon. - Samba Lele - D03 (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
pankos

Albeniz, Isaac - op.92 Torre Bermeja - Video

Post by pankos » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:58 pm

Hello everyone!
I recorded some Albeniz :) Please tell me what you like or dislike :)
If you like, please subscribe, i am starting with recording and i want to share more music with you :)

Last edited by pankos on Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big bird

Re: Isaac - Albeniz - Torre Bermeja video

Post by Big bird » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:07 pm

Very nice sir.
2017 Yamaha SLG200NW

pankos

Re: Albeniz, Isaac - op.92 Torre Bermeja - Video

Post by pankos » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:38 pm

Thank you :) Does anybody else have any advices or feelings about this?

lagartija

Post by lagartija » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:06 pm

:applauso:
A very challenging piece. I liked your color changes in the B section and I see you have some great ideas.

I will give you some comments about what I heard, but keep in mind that I do not play this piece (although someday I would like to) and one of my favorite interpretations is by Jason Vieaux and probably I am comparing your interpretation to his as my model.

You begin exuberantly, which is great! When the melody comes in, the accompaniment seems to compete a bit too much with it. Perhaps you can lighten up on it so melody sings out in a more dominant way. I wondered if you were going a bit faster than you wished because at times, when you moved up to the high end of the fretboard, you hesitated. Sometimes when I play, I hesitate in the same way when I want to be *really* sure I have my fingers placed right. Then...after lots of practice, I don't hear that hesitation any more until my teacher points it out to me. :oops: In a tough transition, you might need to make sure you are not delaying the rhythm or find a musical way to give yourself more time in the way you phrase it. The reason I notice, is because it is a particular problem I have and my teacher works often on it with me. ;-)

I really liked the B section. Your ideas about color change make it interesting and expressive. You might consider a more gradual change or transition to sul tasto rather than making a leap from regular position unless it is a break between major phrases. When it is an abrupt change, it is in a way shocking to the listener and is signaling something important. If that isn't the intent, then choosing a more nuanced change may bring the mood to where you want it without a jump from one to the other. Again, I notice this because I have a tendency to do the same thing! :lol:

Overall, a great job...I can see that you have put a *lot* of work into this piece. :chaud:
Someday I would hope to play it as well as you can. :-D
:bravo: Thank you for sharing it with us!
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

pankos

Post by pankos » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:06 am

Thank you very much for this long message! I like your review and your tips. Thank you!

Return to “Our recordings of Romantic and Modern music”