Pernambuco, João - Sons de Carrilhões - D05

Audio and video recordings of romantic and modern music (1850-1940, e.g. Albéniz, Barrios, Coste, Mertz, Llobet).
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Granados, Enrique - op.37/05 Andaluza - D09 Video
or Ságreras, J. S. - op.19 Maria Luisa - D04 (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Ságreras, J. S. - 1/49 Lesson (One digit for lesson-book / two digits for lesson.)
or Anon. - Samba Lele - D03 (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
ricstang

Pernambuco, João - Sons de Carrilhões - D05

Post by ricstang » Mon May 21, 2007 6:23 pm

Here's a new twist on an old favorite. I recently aquired a conga and I wanted to try recording something with it. For some reason it was this piece that was crying out to me "Ric... I want some conga..." so I gave it some. I hope this is allowed on the forum...

Please enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jarods

Post by jarods » Mon May 21, 2007 6:48 pm

well done :wink: ricstang :!: i enjoyed the music, but maybe you have to post a photograph of your conga :idea: , cause i don't know this kind of instrument :oops: ... it sounds great.
:bravo: for your interpretation...on this favorite music full of character :idea:

mrcold

Post by mrcold » Mon May 21, 2007 6:59 pm

That is very nice! I like the addition of the conga. It isn't too intrusive, but adds a little more "flavor" to it all.

Cody

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Mon May 21, 2007 7:14 pm

Wonderful playing, Ric!!! :bravo: You have a BEAUTIFUL tone and feel!!!

The addition of the conga was very tastfully done and very subtle. Perhaps a bit too subtle... to paraphrase a popular line from Saturday Night Live "I've got a fever! And the only cure is MORE CONGA!"

Thank you so much for posting this wonderful interpretation :merci:

Alan

ricstang

Post by ricstang » Thu May 24, 2007 2:06 am

Thanks for the comments guys. I will post a picture of my conga soon. It's similar to a djembe.
Alan... I love the quote. I hadn't thought about that sketch in a while :lol: I would have given it "more conga" but alas... I am not a conga player or a drummer of any kind. I thought I would keep it in the background so you all can't hear how awful I am!
Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to give this a listen and for the comments.

Ric

easyclassical

Post by easyclassical » Thu May 24, 2007 4:20 pm

That was fantastic

good work, keep it up! I wish I could play lke that!

classyg

Post by classyg » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:43 pm

That is a great piece of music and you really capture the feel of it. I would love to learn it someday. Great idea to put the conga in!

el Corcobés

Post by el Corcobés » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:01 pm

great job Ricstang,a real swinger!!

It prompted me to d/l# ....and you know it's ryhthm and fingering is good, not at all difficult. This dance number (Maxixe??) is cheeky, but a lot easier to handle than some others.:
e.g I've struggled with the timing for the rhythms of Cuban Dance(Anon.); and another nice South American number 'EL Marabino'(Antonio Lauro) i've still got to put a lot of work into .
I really like these SA composers.

# http://www.syukhtun.net

Keep up the good work

sigurd58

Post by sigurd58 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:20 pm

Whether there are more than one version of this piece with different rhythm?

pasigenyo

Post by pasigenyo » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:10 pm

That was an enjoyable rendition.

cristiano

Post by cristiano » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:32 pm

A medicine for the soul :cafeine:. Thanks Ricstang !

glebe digital

Post by glebe digital » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:52 pm

Really enjoyed this Ric, thanks for sharing it. :)
By the way, what guitar did you play it with? Very nice tone indeed. 8)

Smudger5150

Re: Pernambuco, João - Sons de Carrilhões - D05

Post by Smudger5150 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:33 pm

Very nice. Always wanted to learn the congas from all my listening to Santana!
"Music washes away the dust of every day life." Art Blakey

"If I don’t practice for a day, I know it. If I don’t practice for two days, the critics know it. And if I don’t practice for three days, the public knows it." Louis Armstrong

Return to “Our recordings of Romantic and Modern music”