Albéniz, Isaac - op.047/05 Asturias - D08 - Tab

Our arrangements of public domain works or our own compositions for classical guitar as PDF, GIF, PNG ou JPG attachments. These must be tablatures which we have created ourselves, with all necessary care. Since tablature is too imprecise in the expression of polyphony, it is compulsory to include a version in standard notation along with our tablature. Tablatures taken from the internet which we have not produced ourselves will be removed without warning.
Forum rules
Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - Tab - tags (if known)
e.g. Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla - Tab
or Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Tab Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Anon. - Packington's Pound - Tab (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.

A version in standard notation must be included.
mkarafotis

Re: Albéniz, Isaac - op.047/05 Asturias - D08 - Tab

Post by mkarafotis » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:48 am

New to the forum and just perusing sections and found this tab... thanks for posting! What a great piece.

Had a question for the more experienced and classically trained among us ..

The fingerpicking pattern recommended in the score is p-i-p-m .. I am working on this as an exercise in technique, but I'm not sure why this is the pattern and not just p-i-p-i or p-m-p-m?

Anyone know?

Thanks,

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:56 am

Hi Michael, and welcome!

I know that Segovia fingered it p-i-p-m (or was it p-m-p-i). I think it's because it balances the right hand, and is more graceful than just clawing away at it with just the thumb and one finger. Or, maybe it's so the one finger doesn't get overworked?

Anyway, I've always liked the alternating fingering. :)

Alan

mkarafotis

Post by mkarafotis » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:19 pm

thanks .. i'm definitely working on the alternating fingering... sometimes do great too, then realize mid song I'm seamlessly alternating fingers, at which point I usually crash and burn .. need to build up that muscle memory! :)

led66

Post by led66 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:18 pm

Howdy and thanks for the music. I've been trying to learn this piece for a bout 2 months now, it's been a very difficult adventure for me. Maybe too much. But in my search for sheet music, I'm finding alot of differences in people's translation. When I watch the YouTube video of Segovia. And Anna vidovic. And I watch the hands. It doesn't match the sheet music and some times the chords are totally different. I'm on 3rd version(yours) of this song. When I listen to the piano version. I can see that some people chose to play the lower notes and some play the higher notes for a section. I know there is really no right or wrong way. Should I just mix n match versions so I can play it like Segovia did? Is there different versions of this song. Do you think there is any downside of trying to learn song that's too hard for me?

attila57

Post by attila57 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:03 pm

Hello and Thanks!

Tab makes it much easier to learn... :wink:
:merci:
Attila
Music to hear, why hear'st thou music sadly?
Sweets with sweets war not, joy delights in joy...

William Shakespeare, Sonnet 8

VincentD

Post by VincentD » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:45 am

Thanks for this tab and sheet music combined! Particularly appreciate the nice alternative to the tough bar in measures 37-40...though I'm hoping to work my way up to the higher position eventually...

tintumat

Post by tintumat » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:56 pm

Thanks for this lovely piece, I've seen searching for this tab.

Return to “Our tablatures for classical guitar”