Pavlos Gypas

bobbyboy

Pavlos Gypas

Post by bobbyboy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:03 pm

Hi,
Any info on the guitars of Pavlos Gypas, the Greek luthier.
Recommendation to buy, or not to buy, that is the question.
BB

AndresK

Re: Pavlos Gypas

Post by AndresK » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:55 pm

Hello. I know it is a very late reply to this post but I am quite new around here. Mr. Gypas is considered to be one of the best active luthiers we have in Greece. He has recommendations from quite a lot of professional greek guitarists and others like Leo Brouwer, Roland Dyens, Elena Papandreou and many others, as you might already know. I have heard some of his guitars up close and was quite impressed. Be sure to check also Vassilis Lazarides guitars. He makes only top quality instruments. Many professionals already own classical and flamencos of his and are all quite impressed, saying that his guitars could be worth easily a couple of thousand more than the price he sells now . They are not so high in price as the Gypas at the moment but be sure that they might go up the next years. Wish you well and keep enjoying music through the guitar and any other form that serves it well.

Nikos_Greek

Post by Nikos_Greek » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:48 pm

Evangelos Assimakopoulos also plays Pavlos Gypas guitar, you can check plenty of videos on youtube where Evangelos performs playing a Gypas. my teacher has a Gypas from the 90s. If you would like to try the Greek market there is Alkis Euthimiades as well, excellent guitars and not as expensive as Gypas. I personally am not impressed by them but Gypas is an internationally acclaimed luthier.

Pjer

Post by Pjer » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:20 pm

From my experience it is very good guitar. Meni good guitarist from Serbia play Gipas guitar. Zoran Krajisnik, Milos Janjić, and lot of students. You can check them on you tube. For that money it is a good by.
Good luck.
Dominique Delarue 1998 cedar, Andreas Kirmse 2016 cedar, John Price 2006 cedar, Achim Peters Gropius 2017 spruce, Zoran Kuvac 2017 cedar

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”