Cordoba C5 or Lucero Lc200s?

Jim Davidson

Re: Cordoba C5 or Lucero Lc200s?

Post by Jim Davidson » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:47 pm

DannyTkats wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:36 pm

...I have my eyes on the GC12 (I found a store that carries it for 799) and I fully understand that people seem to praise that guitar very much however, I recently called a GC near my area and they have a Kremona Fiesta on clearence for 600 bucks, normally 800. I'll likely go ahead and play it while I'm there, but while I'm here does anyone have insight on the Fiest FC-7?
It's the 7-string A/E variant of the Fiesta FC. I used to own a Fiesta FC and I've played the 7-string. I thought the regular FC was slightly better than a Cordoba C7. The 7-string was definitely fun to play, but I wouldn't want a 7 to be my only concert guitar. It was designed for Russian folk music, and the nut is a little narrow for classical playing.

The 7 isn't as good of a sound for your dollar because of the markup for the 7th string and the electronics. In other words, there are much better sounding 6-string guitars in that price range.
2015 Alan Chapman Test Friederich CD/CO
2009 Cervantes Concert Milenia SP/PE

Sharkbait

Post by Sharkbait » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:52 am

DannyTkats wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:39 pm
Got to admit, the other thing that worries me with an all solid is humidity? currently 70% humidity in my room so I def don't want to mess it up. I do have a dehumidifier, should I keep that running?
70% humidity isn’t too bad. Guitars should be kept around 40-60%, but the extra little humidity isn’t likely to cause damage to your guitar but merely make it sound more muddy. If you’re worried about it, I suggest keeping your guitar in a reasonably well-sealed case and running the humidifier when you take it out of the case (for playing/short periods of time).

Conversely, if you run your dehumidifier too much and it dries out the air too much, the dry climate is worse for your guitar as it can cause cracks.

I wouldn’t worry too much about damage to the guitar when humidity is a bit higher, even if there’s fluctuations in humidity levels. I live in humid Singapore, where humidity is usually 75-85%, but this drops to around 60% when I run the air-conditioner. My old Dieter Hopf is kept out on a stand all the time, so it experiences quite a bit of fluctuation. Neither the humidity nor the fluctuations seem to damage the guitar. But do I notice that when the air-conditioner’s been running for a while, the guitar does sound better, more focused, in the reduced humidity.

Debussychopin

Post by Debussychopin » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:07 pm

DannyTkats wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:41 pm
I go to college for classical guitar performance...
please do not get a c5 as your eventual guitar. This is a decent, quiet home, practice guitar but to dive into classsical technique that has to do with dynamic expression, you will need more than a c5. C7 is ok or even better a C9/10. If you need to go the cordoba route.

Yamaha GL1

DannyTkats

Post by DannyTkats » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:12 pm

Debussychopin wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:07 pm
DannyTkats wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:41 pm
I go to college for classical guitar performance...
please do not get a c5 as your eventual guitar. This is a decent, quiet home, practice guitar but to dive into classsical technique that has to do with dynamic expression, you will need more than a c5. C7 is ok or even better a C9/10. If you need to go the cordoba route.
Thanks. I ended up getting a GC12 and I'm pretty content with it. Excellent instrument for the price

Debussychopin

Post by Debussychopin » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:15 pm

congrats!!
You will love that guitar. The guitar is a beauty and a great sound. Please share your thoughts on it months down the road.

Prerty much the gc12 (or gc22) are imo considered the thinking man's lux classical guitars. They outperform their price.

Yamaha GL1

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:49 am

Please do a New Guitar Day post with pictures! We wanna see it (well play it too) but since playing it aint gonna happen pics will do nicely! Givr us yoir impressions!

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”