True Color of Cordoba C10 Cedar and Spruce?

CJF

True Color of Cordoba C10 Cedar and Spruce?

Post by CJF » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:13 am

For those who may be buying this guitar model (Cordoba C10 full body) online, what is the true color of each? I see in many online photos, the cedar looks orange, and some have a more natural finish which is what I prefer. In the Spruce, sometimes I see more yellow and others more lighter natural. Are there actual variations in the color of each guitar? Or are they pretty much the same color tone? I'm interested in the Cedar, but if the true color is more of an orange tone as opposed to a traditional natural color, that might change my mind, as I am not fond of the orange color.
Music is the language of the soul

Rognvald

Re: True Color of Cordoba C10 Cedar and Spruce?

Post by Rognvald » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:31 pm

CJF,
Are you a player or a collector? If the former, the sound of the instrument overrides any color preferences. Playing again . . .Rognvald
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathustra

souldier

Post by souldier » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:49 pm

Most C9s/C10 cedars have more of that orange tint, but I've tried a C10 that had more of a brown tint... so there are variations depending on the piece of wood they use. Personally I don't think it looks bad in person and you can see that they use high quality pieces of wood for the top. Their spruce tops have been pretty consistent in my experience, which is more of an off white tint rather than yellow. Personally I'm not that particular with the appearance of my guitars, but if you are, your best bet is to either play the guitar in person or request some close up pictures of the actual guitar you are planning to purchase.
"Success grants its rewards to a few, but is the dream of the multitudes.
Excellence is available to all, but is accepted only by a few." - Christopher Parkening

simonm

Post by simonm » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:39 pm

The only way to know is to go and look. A paper catalogue, if there is one, published by the manufacturer would be the next choice.

Everyone who looks at pictures on the internet has different monitors and different settings. Everyone has their own way of naming colors. The only people who can describe colors reasonably accurately to each other are graphic designers who will use for example Pantone numbers to describe a colour.

beanctr

Post by beanctr » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:18 pm

My spruce was blinding bright white. A nice guitar. R
"Guitar Hobbyist"

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”