Get an intermediate guitar now, or save up for a luthier-made, in the future?

Rasputin

Re: Get an intermediate guitar now, or save up for a luthier-made, in the future?

Post by Rasputin » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:30 pm

Agelastos wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:04 pm
All three of them are in opposing directions from each other as well, which makes combined visits impossible. There are also a couple of Paulino Bernabe M5 for €1250 each but they are totally on the other side of the country, on the borders with North West Spain / Pays Basque.
That puts you somewhere near the Belgian border, non? What about the Cadenza in the sales listings on this site? I think it was in Ghent.

Agelastos

Re: Get an intermediate guitar now, or save up for a luthier-made, in the future?

Post by Agelastos » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:04 pm

Rasputin wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:30 pm
Agelastos wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:04 pm
All three of them are in opposing directions from each other as well, which makes combined visits impossible. There are also a couple of Paulino Bernabe M5 for €1250 each but they are totally on the other side of the country, on the borders with North West Spain / Pays Basque.
That puts you somewhere near the Belgian border, non? What about the Cadenza in the sales listings on this site? I think it was in Ghent.
I am in Valence, Rhône-Alpes, an hour south from Lyon. Belgium is way north from here. Maybe I need to get to visit a guitar shop in one of the bigger cities like Lyon or Marseille.

Rasputin

Post by Rasputin » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:09 pm

I see, I took it too literally. Good luck in the search.

MaritimeGuitarist

Post by MaritimeGuitarist » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:13 am

I think buying a used luthier-built guitar would probably be the way I would go, but, like I said earlier, do put trust in your teacher. It would be wise to discuss the possible advantages and disadvantages of going the route. My initial post in this thread was not intended to dissuade you from purchasing the Castillo--only to proceed with some restraint and collect as much information as possible before making a decision.

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”