Ken Kim
Student of the online lessons

Re: Cordoba C12 vs Esteso

Post by Ken Kim » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:40 pm

7nights wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:52 pm
No one?
Hi, 7nights.

I have 2 master series guitars from Cordoba. Torres vs Esteso would be Torres, easily although never played Esteso. Even Tavi Jinariu mentioned many good things about Torres. Every aspects of Torres are best from all my guitars. I was pretty much surprised fellow member sold Torres under $2k. Master series guitars are not factory made guitar in my opinion. All Cordoba Masters went up $4k for new now. It is popular I guess. Nevertheless, if I were you, I would purchase vintage M.Kohno, M.Sakurai or luthier-built Torres.

I purchased R.Matsuoka kohno style recently. I was looking for Kohno but scale length is usually longer than 660mm and Sakurai usually costs more than $2500. I was so lucky I purchased R.Matsuoka with 652mm scale cheaper than Cordoba C7. Sound quality including projection is far superior than Cordoba Luthier Series C9,C10,C12. All aspects of R.Matsuoka is closer to Master series than Luthier seriss.

I don't have any doubt Torres would be great choice although 640mm scale and 51mm nut width bother me tinny sometimes. Good luck finding one.

Cheers, :guitare:
Ken
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Robert England Hauser
Cordoba Master Series Rodriguez
Cordoba Master Series Torres

7nights

Post by 7nights » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:48 pm

Hello Ken,

Thanks for your response. I've tried Kenny Hill student, and that, I believe, was 640mm, and it felt... Perfect! Comparing to Esteso which is 650mm.
640mm is much easier to play, I couldn't hold C12 for more than 30 mins, my hands were just sore.
Thank you very much, I'll keep you updated. Sakurai and Kohno on the other hand, would be a blind purchase simply because I would have to just buy it on Reverb, and there's nothing decent below 2K is being offered right now, from what I see here.
Looking forward to try that Torres. Small size (especially if it's lightweight as well - any comments on weight?) is not a con for me.

Best.

Highlander530

Post by Highlander530 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:18 pm

7nights wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:29 pm
Hello, friends. I have some updates. Successfully sold my C12, added some extra cash, ready to step up to the Master series.
Now considering Esteso vs Torres. Both used, great condition, as per their owners.
Opinions?

Really appreciate your feedback.
I am not a professional player, just do it for the love of classical music and the instrument. I am lucky enough to own Cordoba Torres, as well as Cordoba Esteso Cedar.

I just received my Esteso 2 weeks ago, but so far I am VERY impressed with its sound. Torres has 500CJ strings, and according to the dealer Esteso should as well, but strangely enough Esteso is easier to play. I need to double check, if the strings are the same.

Torres is an amazing guitar also, and its hard to tell which one Id keep as the main one, if I had to let one go.

If you prefer 640mm, I'd go with Torres. I like playing 640mm, but to be honest I feel a bit more comfortable with 650mm on Esteso.

I've heard someone say they were not impressed with the Esteso, but mine has a beautiful, full voice. It just sings. In many ways, I like its sound and play-ability better than Torres.

You can't go wrong with either guitar. I love'em both!

Tim
Cordoba Master Series Torres
Cordoba Master Series Rodriguez
Cordoba Master Series Esteso Spruce
Cordoba Master Series Esteso Cedar
Takamine NP-65C

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”