Any actual comparisons of Ramirez Studio 3 to 4NE?

safesphere

Re: Any actual comparisons of Ramirez Studio 3 to 4NE?

Post by safesphere » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:13 pm

Nikos_Greek wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:28 am
There is also the SP model by Ramirez and the Conservatorio. They stand between the former 4NE and the 1A.
I have a very little experience, but Madagascar sounds best to me personally followed by Indian. I know Brazilian is no longer mass produced, but to me it just sounds louder and not as rich as Madagascar or not as soft and sweet as Indian. Am I wrong?
2018 Ramirez Studio 3 - Cedar

souldier

Post by souldier » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:15 pm

safesphere wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:13 pm
Nikos_Greek wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:28 am
There is also the SP model by Ramirez and the Conservatorio. They stand between the former 4NE and the 1A.
I have a very little experience, but Madagascar sounds best to me personally followed by Indian. I know Brazilian is no longer mass produced, but to me it just sounds louder and not as rich as Madagascar or not as soft and sweet as Indian. Am I wrong?
It's quite difficult to make such generalizations between wood species as there are so many factors that goes into making a guitar. On top of that, you have quite a bit of variation from tree to tree.
"Success grants its rewards to a few, but is the dream of the multitudes.
Excellence is available to all, but is accepted only by a few." - Christopher Parkening

safesphere

Post by safesphere » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:11 pm

souldier wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:15 pm
It's quite difficult to make such generalizations between wood species as there are so many factors that goes into making a guitar. On top of that, you have quite a bit of variation from tree to tree.
Sorry, I should've been more specific. I was responding to the above discussion about the "Ramirez Sound" of the 1A or "Traditional" model. Now Ramirez use different model names like Traditional, Vino, Aniversario, or Elite, but these all seem to be essentially 1A made with different wood species.
2018 Ramirez Studio 3 - Cedar

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”