Lost and Found and...

Kaius

Re: Lost and Found and...

Post by Kaius » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:53 am

I'm being sensible about this guitar buying business - I've borrowed my daughter's guitar, which was originally my sister's guitar - a cheap but serviceable Admira. I'm going to play this until I either actually need something better... or that a good deal just barges it's way into my vision and forces me to purchase something superior! Actually playing has to come first and the guitar second.

Kaius

Post by Kaius » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:50 pm

I looked at James Lister but I can't go there unfortunately - it would of course be a dream to do so and I'd love an English made instrument.
DerekB wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:51 am
What sort of price are you hoping to pay? As you live in Sheffield the first name that comes to mind is James Lister but are you looking for a luthier guitar?

Kaius

Post by Kaius » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:51 pm

Merrin's guitars look wonderful! I may pop down to the Stafford shop for a morning out at some point, thanks for the tip.

Trev wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:50 am
I'd definitely speak to David Merrin if you wish to buy direct from luthier, he has a website for details.
Also, Stafford Guitar Centre for advice and purchase.

Kaius

Post by Kaius » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:58 pm

Blinded to price and name if a good idea - at least I'm in no hurry.
souldier wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:33 pm

I've played a few of the Yamaha Grand Concert (GC) series. Namely the GC12, GC22, GC32. They are great guitars in their own right and are quite consistent and are good value for the money. It all really depends on if they have the sound you are looking for or not. In terms of the lower end CG range, they are decent budget guitars but I'd personally look elsewhere at that price range.

If you'll be choosing a guitar you can play in person, then I would try to go in as blind as possible so as not to judge a guitar based on brand, price, looks, woods used, etc.

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”