how much to invest on a decent Intermediate classical guitar

Thomas

Re: how much to invest on a decent Intermediate classical guitar

Post by Thomas » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:26 pm

Thanks every body for your suggestion , I have a Yamaha Classical guitar about 2500 US Dollars and I like it however I want some thing better now.
If I can convince my wife to let me have it . LOL I was thinking of some thing around 4 to 5000 US Dollars but I need to search for the right guitar
in Korea. Not sure I can trust the online vendors and go through all the pain of custom rules and regulations

brian

Post by brian » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:55 am

Thomas wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:26 pm
Thanks every body for your suggestion , I have a Yamaha Classical guitar about 2500 US Dollars and I like it however I want some thing better now.
If I can convince my wife to let me have it . LOL I was thinking of some thing around 4 to 5000 US Dollars but I need to search for the right guitar
in Korea. Not sure I can trust the online vendors and go through all the pain of custom rules and regulations
without hesitation, Woonsun Lee.
i own a 2012 cd/in and it's
excellent. i've had a lot of top notch
guitars come and go, but i still have
the Woonsun. do a search and you'll
find his web page and contact info.
and since he's located in Korea, you
won't have to deal w customs and all that.
if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
then quit.
there's no use being a damn fool about it.
-w.c. fields

bauersachs82

Post by bauersachs82 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:27 pm

Thomas wrote:
Your definition of intermediate is a little different than mine then. If you have a $2500 Yamaha now, then you have a pretty good guitar. If you are looking to get something $4000 to $5000, that's getting into professional concert level. That's a great budget for a really good guitar.

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:14 am

bauersachs82 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:27 pm
Thomas wrote:
Your definition of intermediate is a little different than mine then. If you have a $2500 Yamaha now, then you have a pretty good guitar. If you are looking to get something $4000 to $5000, that's getting into professional concert level. That's a great budget for a really good guitar.
I though I have to go around 10,000 US Dollars for professional concert level ?
Last edited by Thomas on Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ken Kim
Student of the online lessons

Post by Ken Kim » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:21 am

Thomas wrote:
Hi, Thomas.

If you wanna invest that much, I would definitely go with Alma guitar(Luthier Hee-Hong Kim). He is the only luthier in Korea, listed by Delcamp. I thought you wanted mid-range factory made guitar. It has to be at least french polished top for $4-5k range.
This YouTube is his Master series Daniel Friedriech which is about $8k and he has cheper models.
Recuerdos de la Alhambra starts at 1:02. You can contact him thru his website if you like.
Ken
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Robert England Hauser
Cordoba Master Series Rodriguez
Cordoba Master Series Torres

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:50 am

Thanks, South Korea has so many beautiful instruments but I have used Korean guitars all my life so that is why I prefer to try Spain manufactures for a change .

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”