how much to invest on a decent Intermediate classical guitar

Thomas

Re: how much to invest on a decent Intermediate classical guitar

Post by Thomas » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:26 pm

Thanks every body for your suggestion , I have a Yamaha Classical guitar about 2500 US Dollars and I like it however I want some thing better now.
If I can convince my wife to let me have it . LOL I was thinking of some thing around 4 to 5000 US Dollars but I need to search for the right guitar
in Korea. Not sure I can trust the online vendors and go through all the pain of custom rules and regulations

brian

Post by brian » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:55 am

Thomas wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:26 pm
Thanks every body for your suggestion , I have a Yamaha Classical guitar about 2500 US Dollars and I like it however I want some thing better now.
If I can convince my wife to let me have it . LOL I was thinking of some thing around 4 to 5000 US Dollars but I need to search for the right guitar
in Korea. Not sure I can trust the online vendors and go through all the pain of custom rules and regulations
without hesitation, Woonsun Lee.
i own a 2012 cd/in and it's
excellent. i've had a lot of top notch
guitars come and go, but i still have
the Woonsun. do a search and you'll
find his web page and contact info.
and since he's located in Korea, you
won't have to deal w customs and all that.
if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
then quit.
there's no use being a damn fool about it.
-w.c. fields

bauersachs82

Post by bauersachs82 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:27 pm

Thomas wrote:
Your definition of intermediate is a little different than mine then. If you have a $2500 Yamaha now, then you have a pretty good guitar. If you are looking to get something $4000 to $5000, that's getting into professional concert level. That's a great budget for a really good guitar.

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:14 am

bauersachs82 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:27 pm
Thomas wrote:
Your definition of intermediate is a little different than mine then. If you have a $2500 Yamaha now, then you have a pretty good guitar. If you are looking to get something $4000 to $5000, that's getting into professional concert level. That's a great budget for a really good guitar.
I though I have to go around 10,000 US Dollars for professional concert level ?
Last edited by Thomas on Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ken Kim
Student of the online lessons

Post by Ken Kim » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:21 am

Thomas wrote:
Hi, Thomas.

If you wanna invest that much, I would definitely go with Alma guitar(Luthier Hee-Hong Kim). He is the only luthier in Korea, listed by Delcamp. I thought you wanted mid-range factory made guitar. It has to be at least french polished top for $4-5k range.
This YouTube is his Master series Daniel Friedriech which is about $8k and he has cheper models.
Recuerdos de la Alhambra starts at 1:02. You can contact him thru his website if you like.
Ken
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Robert England Hauser
Cordoba Master Series Rodriguez
Cordoba Master Series Torres
Cordoba C12 SP
Hill New World Player CD 615mm
Ryoji Matsuoka M60 SP '84
La Patrie Presentation
Yamaha Silent SLG200NW

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:50 am

Thanks, South Korea has so many beautiful instruments but I have used Korean guitars all my life so that is why I prefer to try Spain manufactures for a change .

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”