New luthier made guitar

benbass

New luthier made guitar

Post by benbass » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:11 pm

I have been playing factory made guitars for the past three years and finally purchased a luthier made instrument from Joseph Redman. I am so pleased with the guitar but also surprised at what I have been missing sound wise. Although I am not very good the Cordoba SP 10 which I played for the past year doesn't come close to the clarity of sound I hear from the Redman instrument. Joseph was great to work with as well. The only drawback is how obvious mistakes are now the at I have a responsive instrument. The next step is more practice.

Erik Zurcher

Re: New luthier made guitar

Post by Erik Zurcher » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:27 pm

Enjoy your new guitar! The fact that you are surprised at what you have been missing sound wise, proves that you are worth it.
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

richtm

Re: New luthier made guitar

Post by richtm » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:51 am

Enjoy your Redman guitar.
I had kind of the same experience 4 years ago, when I bought my first luthier guitar, a Bernabé Especial. You will be suprised what you can achieve with your guitar. Have fun! - Greetings from Hamburg :bye:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ernest Köröskenyi 1977 Cedar; Pauline Bernabe Especial 2007 Spruce, 2012 Cedar; Andreas Kirmse 2017 Cedar DT; Philipp Lerche Torres 2018 Spruce

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”