Sell a left hand Ramirez 1A 1986

REHII

Sell a left hand Ramirez 1A 1986

Post by REHII » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:55 am

I have a 1986 Ramirez 1a that is a left hand model. I play right handed and am not really a concert quality performer. I have had this guitar for about twelve years and have played it a few times strung right handed. It works but not really like it should. Also I really don’t have the talent or the technique to make this guitar perform like it can. I may try to sell it and get a right hand guitar with a shorter scale that I can try to improve on or “gasp” even a steel string guitar. I have other classical guitars.
So I am wondering what I should ask for it and would the best place to try to sell it be here in the forum. It’s really nice with no cracks or damage and only a few light marks on the top from the guy I got it form who had kids that got it once.
Please feel free to offer me advice on what I can do with this guitar.
Ps
I have about 103 guitars in my collection and don’t have much experience selling only buying (hoarding)

rinneby

Re: Sell a left hand Ramirez 1A 1986

Post by rinneby » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:28 am

Depending on condition/playability I would say in the 3000-4000 dollar range, but maybe it's resonable to expect a little less for this particular model. 1A's are not popular in EU right now, for some reason (I don't know how it is in the US). They've simply grown out of fashion, again... Early/mid models from the 60s is another story though.

/Jon
1964 - Masaru Kohno No.7
1999 - Lorenzo Frignani
2017 - Tobias Braun

Feel free to ask me anything about Japanese classical guitars.

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”