Peavey Acoustic Parlour Guitar, Peavey Composer

Mollbarre

Peavey Acoustic Parlour Guitar, Peavey Composer

Post by Mollbarre » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:14 pm

Again, just looking for more information, if it's out there. :D

As I mentioned elsewhere, I also wanted a small, inexpensive, parlour guitar to mess with. After too much on-line research (and a visit to the local music store - that had nothing of interest to me to try out in person) I ordered an Ibanez PN1, but several days later was informed it was unavailable.

So back to the drawing board. I looked around even more - at this point it was just getting silly and I was getting a headache. I narrowed it down to 3 guitars that I could order within Canada and settled on something a little different looking - the Peavey Composer.

It comes in both nylon and steel string options. Since I have 2 nylon strings guitars, I thought maybe I should have a steel string? Don't know if that was the right move or not.

It's all laminate - which I wanted this time, since it's intended to be used as an outside/travel guitar. I found a couple of reviews and YouTube videos. No bad reviews. But, I also didn't find any mention of it otherwise. It seems to be coming to the end of it's production period, but they must have sold a few since it first came on the scene - I even found it listed on Walmart...

I can't play well enough to evaluate it properly. It's noticeably heavy, but not enough to bother me. I much prefer the sound of my C10 - but I don't mind the sound of the Peavey either. I don't know if I prefer a smaller guitar or not, but it's comfortable. It seems to be well made - not quite as nicely finished as the C10 - but I wasn't expecting that on a $350 instrument, so no problem.

And then - what I did find funny: I picked up my "Acoustic Guitars, The Illustrated Encyclopedia" and guess what? The Peavey Composer got a mention! :mrgreen: Not sure why - but it made it into the record! :lol:
Last edited by Mollbarre on Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2016 Fender CN320AS
2018 Cordoba C10 crossover
2018 Ibanez GA5TCE
...and miscellaneous bits and pieces.

Christopher Langley
Student of the online lessons

Re: Peavey Acoustic Parlour Guitar, Peavey Composer

Post by Christopher Langley » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:21 pm

What a neat little guitar.

I really like my parlor steel strings.. Not as much as my nylons, but they are cool for fingerpickin'!
Cordoba CP110: RC Recital RL50 MT: Flesh

Mollbarre

Re: Peavey Acoustic Parlour Guitar, Peavey Composer

Post by Mollbarre » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:54 pm

It must have sold a fair amount - I think they first came out around 2012(?). The book says 2017, but I found videos from 2012...

LOL...so much mystery around guitars...

Fingerpicking - yes...the spirit is willing - the fingers on my right hand...seem annoyed at being asked to engage in such difficult activities...
2016 Fender CN320AS
2018 Cordoba C10 crossover
2018 Ibanez GA5TCE
...and miscellaneous bits and pieces.

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”