Shipping from UK to Australia

Richard Newman

Shipping from UK to Australia

Post by Richard Newman » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:46 pm

Hi, anyone here had experience shipping a guitar from the UK to Australia? Adelaide in particular. Just wondering on the time duration as didn't want the instrument languishing over a weekend. And I'm planning what would be the best day to ship.
Thanks in advance. Richard.

petermc61

Re: Shipping from UK to Australia

Post by petermc61 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:30 pm

Numerous times but I can’t recall who I used (to Sydney). Typically when I ship internationally I try to get a pick up late in the week and use an Express service so that the guitar is on the air over the weekend, in customs by the start of the week and delivered later that same week. If it spends a couple of days over the weekend in storage I don’t think would be a problem.

I would be more concerned about the season ie waiting a while and getting past any extreme heat in Adelaide or snow in the UK. That is, I would be more worried about having a guitar in then back if a truck at 40 degrees all day than sitting in their distribution depot over a weekend.

martinardo

Post by martinardo » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:43 pm

Peters' advice is spot-on. This summer it has been very hot in southern Oz. Well virtually everywhere in

this Great Dusty Land. Today, here, it'll reach 40 C., Adelaide 41 C.

https://www.eldersweather.com.au/news/a ... ord/529339

May be better to wait till April-May ?
I'm pink therefore I'm Spam

Richard Newman

Post by Richard Newman » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:36 pm

Thanks guys, I been monitoring the weather intently over the past few weeks. I was just getting a bit stressed as the guitar was due to be completed in January but things ran on more than expected. The customer has been emailing quite a bit but I'm just going to explain to her that for the instruments safety I'll wait for more suitable weather. Thanks again.

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”