Index of Classical Guitar Shops

twang

Index of Classical Guitar Shops

Post by twang » Wed May 08, 2019 1:11 pm

I'm about ready to upgrade but I don't know yet just what I want so I want try out lots of higher-end guitars. Normally when I travel I'll check out the local guitar shops; which usually lack any serious inventory of classical guitars. This summer I'll be traveling the US east coast for a couple of months and it would be really helpful in planning if there were a list of shops with a good CG inventory. (Google was no help at all.) Anyone know of a good list? If not, can we turn this thread into one?
"An amateur is he who takes up the study of an instrument as a relaxation from his serious occupations." -- Sor

Phillymike

Re: Index of Classical Guitar Shops

Post by Phillymike » Wed May 08, 2019 10:56 pm

If you find yourself in Philadelphia during your trip, I would recommend The Classical Guitar Store on Sansom Street. As the name implies, they exclusively deal in classical guitars, with many high end guitars in stock. (Full disclosure: I take lessons there. I also bought my Daniel Bernaert guitar at the store last year.) If you give them a call and let them know what you're looking for -- even in general terms -- I'm sure they'd be happy to set you up with a number of guitars to try.

http://www.classicalguitarstore.com/

Tim W

Post by Tim W » Thu May 09, 2019 1:55 am

Mike Kirkpatrick's Kirkpatrick Guitar Studio is located just outside of Baltimore and he always has a large selection of good guitars. I've both bought and sold guitars with Mike and found him to be extremely straightforward and knowledgeable about all things guitar-related. It's a no-hassle situation where you can play a lot of good instruments. www.kirkpatrickguitar.com

riffmeister

Post by riffmeister » Thu May 09, 2019 2:28 am

Chartwell Guitar (VT, GA)
Savage Guitar (NY)
Guitar Salon (NY)
Aaron Green (MA)
Dream Guitars (NC)

Keith

Post by Keith » Thu May 09, 2019 9:29 am

Aaron Green by far. Check out his website for his inventory of guitars. He also is a world class luthier so you might want to check out guitars made by him.
be true to the one you love but have many flings with different guitars

guitarras en la espiritu de la:
Marcelo Barbero
Jose Ramirez III

twang

Post by twang » Fri May 10, 2019 12:18 am

Thanks!
"An amateur is he who takes up the study of an instrument as a relaxation from his serious occupations." -- Sor

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”