D02 4 Players 6 Notes 13 Days

Musical games to help develop improvisational skills.
Richard Judge

Re: D02 4 Players 6 Notes 13 Days

Post by Richard Judge » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:24 am

My go again so soon.
I have had a look at the lesson 7 exercises (Once maybe twice) initially just playing the bass line through to get a feel for the progressions. I'm finding it hard not to play the same thing each time (composition) although I want to clarify this when the lesson post is opened.
I'll add my notes ASAP.

Ned Henderson

Post by Ned Henderson » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:39 pm

Jack Jarrett wrote:Ned you need to download Lame to get the Audacity to export as mp3.
thanks Jack - in fact I have looked up the advice re Audacity on the forum and done this already...if only I could produce an mp3 but so far I can't get Audacity to operate at all...puzzled as to what is wrong but doubtless I will get there in the end.

Ned Henderson

Post by Ned Henderson » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:43 pm

oops, pressed the wrong button...I haven't had a go at the Lesson 7 impro exercises yet, largely because I hadn't noticed they were there, thanks for bringing them to my notice.

Ned

Richard Judge

Post by Richard Judge » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:03 pm

Here you go.
Continuing the Spanishesque theme. (rushing a bit again)
jackstry3.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jack Jarrett

Post by Jack Jarrett » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:34 pm

Ok here is my turn.
mytry.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stewart Doyle

Post by Stewart Doyle » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:20 pm

Hi Jack, Ned and Richard
Another late night recording session.....
I've tried to add the latest notes to the score, but the note lengths are only approximate. I've missed a note somewhere - possibly from Richard's last recording?
MyTry9.jpg
mytry10.mp3

Ned Henderson

Post by Ned Henderson » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:56 pm

Dear All

Here is my next try.

Stewart, thanks for the written notes. As I heard it, Richard's last try only had five notes so I don't think you missed anything (is that correct, Richard?)

The last note here is a harmonic at the 12th fret on the bass E string.

Ned

Ned Henderson

Post by Ned Henderson » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:32 pm

P.S. Our thirteen days comes to an end this coming Friday, 18th March

Ned

Richard Judge

Post by Richard Judge » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:18 pm

Yes it was me posted only five notes.. I counted six when I played it at the time :?

Here's the next six (double checked) :roll:

Jack Jarrett

Post by Jack Jarrett » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:19 pm

Is it just me?I've tried several times to hear Richards post but it cuts out right at the end I think before I can hear the new notes.

Richard Judge

Post by Richard Judge » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:28 pm

Works for me at work today

Jack Jarrett

Post by Jack Jarrett » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:13 pm

Got it now.Nice!

Jack Jarrett

Post by Jack Jarrett » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:56 am

Sorry I'm so slow, been kinda busy.I'll get some notes tomorrow unless I can do a pass and let someone else take a turn.

Jack Jarrett

Post by Jack Jarrett » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:35 pm

Here we go, hopefully the notes are right.
mytry.mp3

Ned Henderson

Post by Ned Henderson » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:38 pm

Hi Folks

It's becoming quite a challenge to play, isn't it, counter-intuitive at times...but I have enjoyed this haunting and at times melancholic melody with its shifts of register.
I liked what you just played Jack, it had a bit of a flamenco feel to it. I think I also detected a departure from the score somewhere in the middle too.
I think it is day thirteen or thereabouts so maybe soon one of us should round it off?

Ned

Return to “Musical Games”