1990 Yamaha GC30 Make-over

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
HNLim

Re: 1990 Yamaha GC30 Make-over

Post by HNLim » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:17 am

lawcch wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:37 am
Mr Lim
How much do you think if you ask for custom guitar like GC70 model from Yamaha custom guitar workshop?
Do you ever ask them to quote you a price for that guitar?
I have not asked them as BRW is only meant for the Japanese market. A new one cost Japanese ¥1,551,800.

lawcch

Post by lawcch » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:35 am

hi Lim
What are GC model vintage worth buying or consider for its vintage values and quality plus sound.?
I found that Kazuo Yairi classical guitars damn good quality and it sound quality much better than Yamaha GC models.

What is your comments based on your experience if you owned Kazuo Yairi classical guitars.

HNLim

Post by HNLim » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:29 pm

lawcch wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:35 am
hi Lim
What are GC model vintage worth buying or consider for its vintage values and quality plus sound.?
I found that Kazuo Yairi classical guitars damn good quality and it sound quality much better than Yamaha GC models.

What is your comments based on your experience if you owned Kazuo Yairi classical guitars.
I would agree if you are comparing K.Yairi with the lower end GC spruce models. Also take note that it takes a few hours for an unplayed spruce guitar to open up. In my experience with S,Yairi and K.Yairi, I find them to have very powerful bass but lacking on the treble. The tone is bias towards the bass. Comparing with my GC30A which is a very balance and has very colourful tone, Yairis tends to have the bass drowning the treble which was something I love in the beginning but which I find very irritating as my playing skill improves. Hope this experience helps you,

lawcch

Post by lawcch » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:05 am

Thanks for sharing your experience. It is good to know w=someone can share their thoughts on the quality of a guitar.
As I mentioned again, which GC model or G model (older version handcrafted Vintage classical guitars) worth buying or collect?
Recently I bought G 350, G200, G200D which were all solid top and laminated wood for back and sides.
How about the newer model CG 192C/S and CG 182 C/S/ SF classical guitars? which made in China Hangzhou city?

Do you own any Flamenco guitars (SF model) from Yamaha?

Return to “Luthiers”