Classical guitar with detachable neck?

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
TsarL

Re: Classical guitar with detachable neck?

Post by TsarL » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:35 pm

I recently read of an interesting classical travel guitar with a detachable neck developed by the Argentine luthier Nicolas Rodriguez Guerra. He calls it his model DÉMONTABLE. The young German guitarist Julia Lange has played it in concert while on tour in France so it must be of good quality.

A high-end classical guitar shop in Lyon/France sells this guitar. I have not tried it but the shop has posted videos of it on YouTube which are easy to find by searching the luthier's name. What do other luthiers here think of this? It seems to work very well.

andreas777

Post by andreas777 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:20 pm

Last week I bought another classical guitar with detachable neck. It's the same model than the one I already have. Someone in my neighborhood sold this guitar for only a few Euros, so I couldn't resist. I replaced the tuners, nut, saddle and strings, and now I have a new travel guitar for less than €100. The back and sides are made of cheap plywood, but the solid top sounds much better than expected. It sounds better than my other travel guitar, and I guess in a sound check listeners would not think that this is such a cheap guitar. In my other travel guitar I currently install a Fishman under-the-saddle-pickup so I have an amplified guitar for my next trip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happiness is when what you think what you say and what you do are in harmony.

rwe

Post by rwe » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:05 pm

Such a Hopf (I think it will be the model "Bolero") was my first guitar in 1975. 170 DM with a bag (= less than 90€) and it's still an interesting Instrument. But I never removed the neck.

andreas777

Post by andreas777 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:10 pm

I've added a Fishman PRO-AGX-094 under-saddle pickup to my first travel guitar now, replaced the original saddle with a buffalo bone saddle, and connected a VOX AMPLUG 2 with head phones or alternatively a portable speaker with batteries. I think the solution is good for playing in an apartment but I'm not sure if it will work outdoors :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happiness is when what you think what you say and what you do are in harmony.

Return to “Luthiers”