Super Light Classical Guitar Case

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
Gil_Wade

Re: Super Light Classical Guitar Case

Post by Gil_Wade » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:07 am

You got me interested until I saw the $500+ pricetag.
Gil ( o )===:::

Gilbert Wade, Certified Music Practitioner

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be silent if no bird sang except the best." Anonymous

"I get a lot of requests...but I play anyway." from a cartoon

MrF1

Post by MrF1 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:46 pm

Gil_Wade wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:07 am
You got me interested until I saw the $500+ pricetag.
Gil,

I bought a Super Light Classical Case about six months ago from the big river website....the price was $200 plus freight. It seems the only third-party sellers offering the cases on the big river website are located in Japan. My seller was located in California. The one I had was the best soft case I've ever owned, but they're not worth $600 in my humble opinion. They were an excellent value at $200.

Fred

SteveL123

Post by SteveL123 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:41 am

Rokkoman Super Light classical guitar case (advertised 4.6 lbs weight) is now $399 shipped on Amazon. I just found on Amazon another lightweight case (around 5 lbs) for $79 shipped (Prime). Search "ProRockGear RG330FC Armourguard Light Weight Polyfoam Classical Guitar Case" and you'll find it. It likely does not have the YKK water proof zipper. But it is a lot cheaper and is only 1/2 lb to 1 lb heavier.

Does anyone have this case and what do you think of it?

edit to add pics

lucho

Post by lucho » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:50 pm

Any updates on where to get Superlight in the USA? The major online marketplace currently has two versions, both in the $400+ price range. I found a German supplier online that has them for 230EUR, but that's it.

MrF1

Post by MrF1 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:22 pm

I'm thinking about ordering another one through Rakuten Global. The order goes through a Japanese website and price is close to $200 (yen converted to dollars), plus shipping. Shipping is the big question mark. The website checkout system is a bit different and wasn't able to establish the shipping cost without placing the order...not quite ready.

Hands down the best guitar case I've ever owned for everyday around town use. I'll keep you posted as I'm probably going to place an order in the next week or two through Rakuten Global.

lucho

Post by lucho » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:29 am

MrF1 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:22 pm
I'm thinking about ordering another one through Rakuten Global. The order goes through a Japanese website and price is close to $200 (yen converted to dollars), plus shipping. Shipping is the big question mark. The website checkout system is a bit different and wasn't able to establish the shipping cost without placing the order...not quite ready.

Hands down the best guitar case I've ever owned for everyday around town use. I'll keep you posted as I'm probably going to place an order in the next week or two through Rakuten Global.
Many thanks!

Return to “Luthiers”