Jeroen hillorst concerto standard 2006

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
Jamirox1

Jeroen hillorst concerto standard 2006

Post by Jamirox1 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:01 am

Hi I own a guitar jeroen hilhorst orst concert standard for me magnificent someone of you own it?
Last edited by Jamirox1 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jamirox1

Re: Jeroen hillorst concerto standard 2006

Post by Jamirox1 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:06 pm

None of you has this guitar

rinneby

Post by rinneby » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:36 pm

Apparently not. But Jeroen Hilhorst seems to build great double tops?

/Jon
1964 - Masaru Kohno No.7
1999 - Lorenzo Frignani
2017 - Tobias Braun

Feel free to ask me anything about Japanese classical guitars.

John Oster

Post by John Oster » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:56 pm

I had one of his single top "Super Concert" models several years ago. It was the loudest, most orchestral sounding guitar I have ever heard...for a few weeks, then notes started dying on the 1st string. It got so bad that I sent it back to him. He replaced the top, and the new version was even worse. He agreed to refund my money minus about $750 for his time and trouble to re-top it.
Kolya Panhuyzen 2012 cedar/Br

ivan

Post by ivan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:29 pm

John Oster wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:56 pm
I had one of his single top "Super Concert" models several years ago. It was the loudest, most orchestral sounding guitar I have ever heard...for a few weeks, then notes started dying on the 1st string. It got so bad that I sent it back to him. He replaced the top, and the new version was even worse. He agreed to refund my money minus about $750 for his time and trouble to re-top it.
Terrible story. Does he told you why the notes started dying on the 1st string? Maybe something wrong with the top construction?

But at least his price is not so astronomical, plus he refund your money. Here in my country i once received a € 17.000+ instrument for my friend / customer. Insanely expensive. Sounds quite nice although not the best i've tried. But there are so many flaws and imperfection in both sound, set up, and craftmanship. Very obvious and annoying wolf note in low G and High C, buzzing on almost every fret of the 2nd string, flaws on woodworking and french polish. Terrible :|

John Oster

Post by John Oster » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:05 pm

He said he tried a slightly different bracing design on my guitar. He also thought it might be a humidity problem, but I don't think that was the cause.

Jamirox1

Post by Jamirox1 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:35 pm

ivan wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:29 pm
John Oster wrote:
Terrible story. Does he told you why the notes started dying on the 1st string? Maybe something wrong with the top construction?

But at least his price is not so astronomical, plus he refund your money. Here in my country i once received a € 17.000+ instrument for my friend / customer. Insanely expensive. Sounds quite nice although not the best i've tried. But there are so many flaws and imperfection in both sound, set up, and craftmanship. Very obvious and annoying wolf note in low G and High C, buzzing on almost every fret of the 2nd string, flaws on woodworking and french polish. Terrible :|
Your friend guitar hilhorst?

Jamirox1

Post by Jamirox1 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:40 pm

My guitar is model concert standar, the sound fantastic top abete very good.. Sorry my language

oski79

Post by oski79 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:19 pm

John Oster wrote:
That was also the heaviest classical guitar I have ever picked up!
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

John Oster

Post by John Oster » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:08 pm

oski79 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:19 pm
John Oster wrote:
That was also the heaviest classical guitar I have ever picked up!
Indeed! As I recall, it weighed about 8lbs. It was always a bit of a shock to lift it out of the case, but once I sat down and started to play, the weight wasn't a problem.

ivan

Post by ivan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:09 am

Jamirox1 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:35 pm
ivan wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:29 pm
John Oster wrote:

Your friend guitar hilhorst?
No, it is a guitar from a very high reputation luthier, multi years waitlist, etc etc
On my statement i just want to emphasize that buying expensive instrument doesn't always mean you get the best quality.
There are some guitars / luthiers that overhyped by the dealers just in purpose to get as much profit as possible, but in reality the quality is just so and so.

Return to “Luthiers”