A Dotras Cordoba

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
pjwdoyle

Re: A Dotras Cordoba

Post by pjwdoyle » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:32 pm

Hi, I am responding to ross waters' post on "Creaciones DOCA". I also have a Creaciones Doca guitar (classical).

I believe my father-in-law bought the guitar in Spain in the 60s or 70s. I had the frets dressed at a shop here in Toronto a couple of years ago as the neck had shrunk a bit, and the luthier's comment was that it was probably a mid-price guitar, and fairly representative of what Spanish makers produced at the time - solid spruce top, reasonably well-made, but nothing fancy about the materials, finish or workmanship. I don't play it that often as the bridge has bowed the top up a bit, making the action somewhat high; combined with a thick neck that makes the guitar a bit of a beast. However, it's been in the family for roughly 50 years so I play it every now and then!

If you have any more information on the maker or the Doca product line, I would be very interested in learning more!

George Crocket

Re: A Dotras Cordoba

Post by George Crocket » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:07 pm

Hi pjwdoyle. Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately Ross Waters is no longer a member of the forum. Thanks for your contribution which may well be useful to others. Meantime, please post an introductory message here.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Return to “Luthiers”