My New Stephen Eden Guitar

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
madrilla

Re: My New Stephen Eden Guitar

Post by madrilla » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:42 pm

^ Thanks Stephen, that is really helpful.

Trentino

Post by Trentino » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:45 am

Thanks Stephen . It would be very interesting to read Jacob Blom's review of your Friedrich model. Just out of interest how much more time does it take to make a Friedrich in comparison with your standard concert model?
On both your standard and Cadenza guitars is there a difference in body size between a 64 and a 65 cm scale guitar? Any significant differences in tone quality , projection etc.?
Thanks again

Stephen Eden wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:29 am
Trentino wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:34 pm
Have you by chance seen Stephen's Friedrich model ? Its beautiful. Great sound.
This is a new model to me. This one was the first and was only finished around this time last year. I have made 4 since with another 3 on the way. There will be a Spruce version available to try at the end of April and perhaps a Cedar model for sale by August. I could P.M you a review of the guitar that Jacob sent me recently if you like?
madrilla wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:38 pm
Guitar-ded wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:13 pm
The Cadenza would be good but I think you'll eventually regret not getting the full-fat Eden.
Bite the bullet man, and just do it. Today, before you overthink it. You know you want to. 8)
What would be the difference sonically between the Cadenza and the regular Eden?
Sonically they are pretty much the same thing. They are both based on the same design using the same materials and hand made by myself using no premade parts. The neck shape on 'off the shelf' guitars are slightly different as I prefer a slightly thicker neck to Miles. These can be changed for either guitar though so if ordering it really doesn't make a difference. The price difference reflects just how much time the extra adornments actually cost.

Stephen Eden
Luthier

Post by Stephen Eden » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:43 am

Trentino wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:45 am
Thanks Stephen . It would be very interesting to read Jacob Blom's review of your Friedrich model. Just out of interest how much more time does it take to make a Friedrich in comparison with your standard concert model?
On both your standard and Cadenza guitars is there a difference in body size between a 64 and a 65 cm scale guitar? Any significant differences in tone quality , projection etc.?
Thanks again
Jacobs Review sent in a P.M.

My Friederich style model probably takes about an extra day or two to make over my standard concert guitar. That is mainly down to how much longer the sound board takes to make and to a lesser degree the double sides.

In general, I don't use a smaller body for a 64, although I can and have done. There isn't a great deal of difference between the two sizes really perhaps the bigger body has a slightly deeper bass as that is easier to achieve. The projection is about the same between the sizes. On a side note the Friederich style guitar has by far the best projection of my instruments.

Trentino

Post by Trentino » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:20 pm

Thanks Stephen. Excellent review.

Return to “Luthiers”