Kohno & - Sakurai Guitar Fan Club, Delcamp branch

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
beanctr
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:43 pm
Location: Coastal, NC

Re: Kohno & - Sakurai Guitar Fan Club, Delcamp branch

Post by beanctr » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:40 pm

Just curious, did Kohno make "any" cedar guitars? I've never seen one. Rick
"Guitar Hobbyist"

User avatar
rinneby
Posts: 1581
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:52 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Kohno & - Sakurai Guitar Fan Club, Delcamp branch

Post by rinneby » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:46 pm

beanctr wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:40 pm
Just curious, did Kohno make "any" cedar guitars? I've never seen one. Rick
Rumors says he build a few, but just like you I've never seen one. Sakurai did however build some cedars in the 70s and 80s.

/Jon
1964 - Masaru Kohno
1967 - Masaru Kohno
1989 - Antonio Marin Montero
2017 - Tobias Braun

Feel free to ask me anything about Japanese classical guitars.

Sankie
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:41 pm

Re: Kohno & - Sakurai Guitar Fan Club, Delcamp branch

Post by Sankie » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:20 pm

I love sakurai guitar! My first classical guitar with cashew finish. PC model.
Edmund Blochinger Llobet 2018
Joshia de Jonge 2018
Ramirez 4ne 2016
Andrea Tacchi Coclea Tuchea 2015
Ramirez 1a 2018
Jean Noel Rohe 2014

User avatar
rinneby
Posts: 1581
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:52 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Kohno & - Sakurai Guitar Fan Club, Delcamp branch

Post by rinneby » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:09 pm

Sankie wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:20 pm
I love sakurai guitar! My first classical guitar with cashew finish. PC model.
And in good company too it seems :)

/J
1964 - Masaru Kohno
1967 - Masaru Kohno
1989 - Antonio Marin Montero
2017 - Tobias Braun

Feel free to ask me anything about Japanese classical guitars.

Sankie
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:41 pm

Re: Kohno & - Sakurai Guitar Fan Club, Delcamp branch

Post by Sankie » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:25 pm

rinneby wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:09 pm
Sankie wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:20 pm
I love sakurai guitar! My first classical guitar with cashew finish. PC model.
And in good company too it seems :)

/J
I traded my sakurai PC with others guitar. I have to get it again someday. Maybe an upgrade to maestro RF model.
Edmund Blochinger Llobet 2018
Joshia de Jonge 2018
Ramirez 4ne 2016
Andrea Tacchi Coclea Tuchea 2015
Ramirez 1a 2018
Jean Noel Rohe 2014

Return to “Luthiers”