Carulli, Ferdinando - op.114/01 & 02 - Video

Audio and video recordings of the works of Ferdinando Carulli.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Carulli, Ferdinando - op.xxx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Carulli, Ferdinando - op.034/02 Largo - D07 Duo Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Ken Kim
Student of the online lessons

Carulli, Ferdinando - op.114/01 & 02 - Video

Post by Ken Kim » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:26 am

Hi, all.
I've practiced these 2 for 2 months and it isn't still easy for me to play these 2 pieces, since I am at beginner stage and enrolled in Delcamp lesson 01. Having hard time to learn rest stroke by 01 lesson, I play these everyday day because could't miss free stroke practice.

Cordoba C12 Sp
Dogal Maestrale NT set
Recorded by Galaxy S7

No.1

No.2
Ken

Sore Fingers & Mind in heaven
Cordoba Rodriguez, Torres, C12 - Spruce
La Patrie Presentation
Yamaha Silent SLG200NW

FirminArchambault
Amateur luthier

Re: Carulli, Ferdinando - op.114/no.1 & 2 Video

Post by FirminArchambault » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:11 pm

Hi Ken,

Nice work! Your pieces are nice to hear. Your sound is neat.

I personally think that it just takes time train your fingers so you nee not worry too much on not achieving a satisfactory rest stroke. That will improve with time.

If you don't mind, by watching your videos I want to give you 2 advises.
1) I can see a bit of tension on your right hand, you could try to relax may help you a bit. It is like your phalanges are stitched together. Maybe if you practice arpegios you may little by little improve on those pieces.
2) You can open more your left arm to lift up your elbow, the angle you are using may give you too much tension in your wrist.

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:58 pm

FirminArchambault wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:11 pm
Hi Ken,

Nice work! Your pieces are nice to hear. Your sound is neat.

I personally think that it just takes time train your fingers so you nee not worry too much on not achieving a satisfactory rest stroke. That will improve with time.

If you don't mind, by watching your videos I want to give you 2 advises.
1) I can see a bit of tension on your right hand, you could try to relax may help you a bit. It is like your phalanges are stitched together. Maybe if you practice arpegios you may little by little improve on those pieces.
2) You can open more your left arm to lift up your elbow, the angle you are using may give you too much tension in your wrist.
Thank you for your generous feedback, FirminArchambault.
I do have tension on my right hand more than a bit. How unfortunate it is! Specially, my pinky is flying away. Trying to loosen up and relax right before every pieces, it is very slowly progressing. Second advice is very great information for me about my posture that my knuckle thru elbow is more like straight than little relaxed bend. I'll keep that in mind and try to lift up elbow with relaxed fingers. I and students from online lesson need this type of feedback, since no instructor's feedback offered in online lesson. Thank you so much for your great advise which is very helpful .
Ken

La Patrie Presentation
Yamaha Silent SLG200NW

Nick Cutroneo

Post by Nick Cutroneo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:56 pm

Ken, Great videos. And it's great to hear the Cordoba played so well! I've never had the pleasure of playing a C12, however your video certainly intrigues me.

If you don't mind a piece (or 2, or more) of advice. The issue with your pink and ring finger isn't about loosening them. It's about giving them "something to do". When playing the pinky becomes a receptacle for negative tension. It doesn't play a string, so many players ignore it because it "doesn't do anything". Thus it tightens up. In fact, you want to TRAIN your pinky to move with the A finger. To go further, in the two videos you posted, which use only P I and M, you want to train the A finger to move along with the M finger while playing. Thus when M plucks --- A and the pinky move with it. When M goes in, so does A and pinky. When M comes out, so does A and pinky. Give them a job, so that way they are doing something rather than being static fingers which tense up while playing.

Feel free to go to my website (http://www.nickcutroneoguitarstudio.com) and download my free stroke lessons (especially lesson 1 which develops this concept using IMA on open strings). Also if you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

Good luck - and keep going!
Nick Cutroneo - Classical Guitarist, performer/teacher/suzuki instructor

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:50 pm

Nick Cutroneo wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:56 pm
Ken, Great videos. And it's great to hear the Cordoba played so well! I've never had the pleasure of playing a C12, however your video certainly intrigues me.

If you don't mind a piece (or 2, or more) of advice. The issue with your pink and ring finger isn't about loosening them. It's about giving them "something to do". When playing the pinky becomes a receptacle for negative tension. It doesn't play a string, so many players ignore it because it "doesn't do anything". Thus it tightens up. In fact, you want to TRAIN your pinky to move with the A finger. To go further, in the two videos you posted, which use only P I and M, you want to train the A finger to move along with the M finger while playing. Thus when M plucks --- A and the pinky move with it. When M goes in, so does A and pinky. When M comes out, so does A and pinky. Give them a job, so that way they are doing something rather than being static fingers which tense up while playing.

Feel free to go to my website (http://www.nickcutroneoguitarstudio.com) and download my free stroke lessons (especially lesson 1 which develops this concept using IMA on open strings). Also if you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

Good luck - and keep going!
Thank you for great detailed advise, Nick Cutroneo.
This is just another very valuable info for beginner like me. So let them move along M with A+pinky and A with pinky. Got it now and will practice from today. I'll check on your website too. Thank you for looking out for me.
Ken

La Patrie Presentation
Yamaha Silent SLG200NW

Nick Cutroneo

Post by Nick Cutroneo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:35 pm

Ken Kim wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:50 pm
Thank you for great detailed advise, Nick Cutroneo.
This is just another very valuable info for beginner like me. So let them move along M with A+pinky and A with pinky. Got it now and will practice from today. I'll check on your website too. Thank you for looking out for me.
Any time! I hope you find the info helpful. You've got a great sound on that guitar, and are clearly doing a lot of good things. It'll take time for A and the Pinky to learn their role when playing, but it'll definitely help!

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

(Also, keep working on your free strokes/etc... as you work through the level 1 lessons here - As a Teacher, when working with adult beginners who have experience playing, I'm always working both at the same time. As there's no reason to stop one for the other!)
Nick Cutroneo - Classical Guitarist, performer/teacher/suzuki instructor

chlebik

Re: Carulli, Ferdinando - op.114/01 & 02 - Video

Post by chlebik » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:31 am

If You are a beginner then there is also some hope for me ;) It's really nice what You've recorded and it sounds clear.
"You got big dreams. You want fame. Well, fame costs. And right here is where You start paying. With sweat". - Fame TV Series Intro

RHSOldboy

Re: Carulli, Ferdinando - op.114/01 & 02 - Video

Post by RHSOldboy » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:17 pm

Hi Ken!
Your playing and progress encourages me! Keep up your good work.
Regards.

Return to “Our recordings of Ferdinando Carulli”