Carulli, Ferdinando - op.241/05 + op.241/06 - Video (original period guitar!)

Audio and video recordings of the works of Ferdinando Carulli.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Carulli, Ferdinando - op.xxx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Carulli, Ferdinando - op.034/02 Largo - D07 Duo Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
powderedtoastman

Carulli, Ferdinando - op.241/05 + op.241/06 - Video (original period guitar!)

Post by powderedtoastman » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:27 am

A couple of very easy beginner pieces by Carulli on this delightful guitar that pre-dates any living human (at least I hope :?)

Perhaps some day soon I will try to get a good take of that grandiose Op. 6 #1 Overture on this guitar! For now we'll stick with something simple.

Robert Drechsler
Student of the online lessons

Re: Carulli, Ferdinando - op.241/05 + op.241/06 Video (original period guitar!)

Post by Robert Drechsler » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:28 am

Sounds nice!! You play the first song "Andantino" realy fast, is that the speed you should play it? (its my first Beginnersong and i am way behind that speed ;-) )

powderedtoastman

Re: Carulli, Ferdinando - op.241/05 + op.241/06 - Video (original period guitar!)

Post by powderedtoastman » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:10 am

Thank you!
Good point about the andantino. Some sources say that it should be slightly quicker than andante, and some would say it should be slightly slower than andante. By my estimate (just snapping my fingers along) I would say I played at just about 70 beats per minute which is right at andante. Just my opinion I think it's acceptable at this speed or slower. Any faster than this I'm not so sure it will flow nicely anymore, but I'm not sure, I haven't really tried!

Since this is a simple study piece I think it's most important for a beginner to play it cleanly, evenly and slowly to make sure you have control over your playing. After you have moved on to more advanced things and then come back to this piece some time later, the speed will come.

This piece introduces a lot of concepts, too!
You have pedal tones (the open g in the first couple measures which should be pretty quiet), double stops, 10th intervals, a little bit of chromatic run, and at the very end there is a cadence.
I will always keep coming back to it for a warm-up!

crisscross

Re: Carulli, Ferdinando - op.241/05 + op.241/06 - Video (original period guitar!)

Post by crisscross » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:46 am

Played fast, but very well. The guitar sounds really nice! :bravo:

Return to “Our recordings of Ferdinando Carulli”