Darkshark - Promise for Tomorrow

Audio and video recordings of our own compositions and our interpretations of those of other members published on the forum.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Saywood, Paul - op.15/01 Study in C, New Year - Video
or Can, Esim - Miniatur n.5 - Video
or Grant - Running Water - Duo (Username may replace surname and forename)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
darkshark

Darkshark - Promise for Tomorrow

Post by darkshark » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:12 pm

Hi everybody,
This is my most recent composition, written this evening. I hope you enjoy listening to it.
Darkshark.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

owl

Post by owl » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:59 pm

Hi Tom... Wow! this is interesting... some modern classical... a little jazz... throw in a little feel of baroque and there we have it... Promise for Tomorrrow... I feel a bit of yesterday in there also :lol:
Very nice Tom :bravo:
You certainly aren't stuck in a rut... and always manage to surprise me... pleasantly I might add :casque:
:merci: for continuing to share your music

Ahem... score?:oops:

Joy in the musc
Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

hav

Post by hav » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:40 pm

Hey DS - wow - nice one - I almost forgot to reply - was listening while surfing the other forums :grire: Keep these coming - it is great fun to hear what other folks hear in their heads!!

darkshark

Post by darkshark » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:28 pm

Thankyou Owl and Hav,
Yes, this one is a bit of a mixed bag of styles. That's the way it came together. It's really just variations on a 4 chord theme: A, Am, Em, Dm (Minus some snazzy extensions of course).
Owl - I'll be busy trying to put this one on paper as well (I should have kept things simple to avoid unnecessary head-strain!, but that wouldn't be any fun now would it). :lol:
Darkshark.

Win Yin

Post by Win Yin » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:08 am

Hello to you.

I LOVE this. Thanks for sharing us.

masoroso

Post by masoroso » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:44 pm

I realy like the melody. You have a way to write modern pieces that sound like they are not modern.. mmm how to explain this. The melody works very well because you expect other notes (more traditional ones) than you use and this gives your piece(s) another dimension. Not as standard but perhaps a bit Villa-Lobos like. I also like the speed changes and in a whole I like this piece so much that I would like to see the sheetmusic :ouioui:

Thanks very much!
Rob

darkshark

Post by darkshark » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:16 pm

Thanks very much Win Yin & Rob. It's interesting to hear your thoughts on my composing style Rob, thanks for your comments. I will post the pdf as soon as I get a chance to notate this piece.
Bye, Darkshark.

Gorobete

Post by Gorobete » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:43 am

Very intereasting melody!
I like the way you change the thema and the speed.
Nice to hear you again!

Regards
Lucian

simon

Post by simon » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:40 am

great stuff Darkshark.

really enjoyed it. i like the different styles you use, and the ending is great too.

cheers

Simon 8)
Roger Allan 1937 Hauser + Zoom H4 + GTP3 = Hours of Fun !!!

john_mark

Post by john_mark » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:31 am

Very beautiful darkshark. I just love your stuff...it's always so original and alive. Quite well done.

guitarhero32

Post by guitarhero32 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:30 pm

Good job Darkshark! I enjoyed the main theme very much, and the middle section really built a great atmosphere, the melodies meshed very well with the rythym. Love the ending too, great way to close out the piece!

Alhambra

Post by Alhambra » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:03 am

Excellent work :bravo: :guitare:

Return to “Our recordings of Members' Compositions”