Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Audio and video recordings of the works of Agustín Barrios Mangoré
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Julia Florida - D08 Video
or Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - op.08/04 Valse - D08
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
User avatar
jaan
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 8:06 pm
Location: Charleston, SC

Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Post by jaan » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:21 pm

Wanted to record something before Christmas. This got the nod.

Hope you enjoy, and happy holidays to all! :discussion:

(recorded on my Pace)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Amateurs practice until we get it right; professionals practice until they no longer get it wrong.

1999 Dake Traphagen (spruce);
2008 Dake Traphagen (spruce, double top);
2010 David Pace (cedar, double top);
2019 ??

dmcmurray
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:10 am
Location: Seekonk MA

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Post by dmcmurray » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:13 am

Nicely played sir. Great tempo for the last movement it is lively. Thanks for sharing!
2013 Connor Spruce/Brazilian
1979 Ramirez 1a Cedar/IR
1996 Carpio Spruce/IR
1998 Joiner Cedar/Maple

User avatar
lagartija
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11140
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:37 pm
Location: Western Massachusetts, USA

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Post by lagartija » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:42 pm

:bravo: :applauso:
I enjoyed your playing of this piece.
What a nice gift...and a lot of work on your part to bring it alive. :-D
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

Dmitrypey
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:18 pm
Location: WA, USA

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Post by Dmitrypey » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:40 pm

Great job!
I really enjoyed listening to it.
What guitar did you use?

Thank you

User avatar
jaan
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 8:06 pm
Location: Charleston, SC

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Post by jaan » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:20 pm

dmcmurray wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:13 am
Nicely played sir. Great tempo for the last movement it is lively. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks much!
lagartija wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:42 pm
:bravo: :applauso:
I enjoyed your playing of this piece.
What a nice gift...and a lot of work on your part to bring it alive. :-D
Thank you! It's a beautiful work, a joy to revisit.
Dmitrypey wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:40 pm
Great job!
I really enjoyed listening to it.
What guitar did you use?
Thank you! I used my Pace.
Amateurs practice until we get it right; professionals practice until they no longer get it wrong.

1999 Dake Traphagen (spruce);
2008 Dake Traphagen (spruce, double top);
2010 David Pace (cedar, double top);
2019 ??

Taylor 25
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:56 pm

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Post by Taylor 25 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:23 pm

Wow. Very impressive! I really enjoyed listening to your playing of this beautiful song.

User avatar
spanishguitarmusic
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:58 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:19 am

Thank you very much for sharing this mp3! I really liked the nice warm sound. Just beautiful!

User avatar
jaan
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 8:06 pm
Location: Charleston, SC

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Post by jaan » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:04 pm

Taylor 25 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:23 pm
Wow. Very impressive! I really enjoyed listening to your playing of this beautiful song.
spanishguitarmusic wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:19 am
Thank you very much for sharing this mp3! I really liked the nice warm sound. Just beautiful!
Thanks much for listening and commenting!
Amateurs practice until we get it right; professionals practice until they no longer get it wrong.

1999 Dake Traphagen (spruce);
2008 Dake Traphagen (spruce, double top);
2010 David Pace (cedar, double top);
2019 ??

JaWi
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:59 am
Location: HH/germany

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Post by JaWi » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:41 pm

I like it. Especially the first movement!
In the second and third movement are only smaller things that I would play differently, but i like it, too! Good tempo!!
Jochen Röthel (Zeder/Palisander, 2004) and Gerhard Schnabel (Fichte/Rio, 1984).
You can listen recordings on my website (Koyunbaba, Ponce Sonate III, Catedral and Konfrontation).

User avatar
jaan
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 8:06 pm
Location: Charleston, SC

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Post by jaan » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:34 pm

JaWi wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:41 pm
I like it. Especially the first movement!
In the second and third movement are only smaller things that I would play differently, but i like it, too! Good tempo!!
Vielen Dank!
Amateurs practice until we get it right; professionals practice until they no longer get it wrong.

1999 Dake Traphagen (spruce);
2008 Dake Traphagen (spruce, double top);
2010 David Pace (cedar, double top);
2019 ??

Return to “Our recordings of Agustín Barrios Mangoré”