D02 Classical guitar lesson 01

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Bill Davis

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Bill Davis » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:39 am

Ben Spurr wrote:Good job, Bill, sounds great.
Thanks Ben! It's great to see you in D02. I hope everything calms down on the home front so you don't feel rushed to get your recordings in. Bill :merci:

Stefan Srećković

Post by Stefan Srećković » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:55 am

Sounds good Bill. Try to include both of your hands into the frame next time, it's gonna help us address any potential posture issues. :bye:

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:38 pm

Stefan Srećković wrote:Sounds good Bill. Try to include both of your hands into the frame next time, it's gonna help us address any potential posture issues. :bye:
Thanks Stefan. I have been thinking about how to handle that because I use an iPad for the recording and positioning it is a little difficult because it is from the bottom up view. I will try to put it higher to get a level view that includes my posture. :merci: Bill

Scott Fountain

Post by Scott Fountain » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:57 pm

Bill Davis wrote:Hello All,
Please find attached my recordings for lesson 1. Your feedback is welcomed.
Thank you,
Bill
Bill,
Great job on the rest stroke exercise and the songs. Your tempo was good and I heard no buzzes. :bravo:

Scott Fountain

Post by Scott Fountain » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:06 am

David Yang wrote:Hi all, it's my pleasure to start the new study together with you guys. My videos are as below. I'm only able to upload to Google, sorry for the inconvenience. Your comments are welcome :merci:
David,
Your tempo was very good. I was check out your right hand and you have great control. Everything sounds great as well. By the way, Google was fine for me, no inconvenience whatsoever. :bravo:

Scott Fountain

Post by Scott Fountain » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:10 am

Ben Spurr wrote:Scott,

Sounds good, except for that microphone issue. I have an apple and recording was very easy on it until apple disabled the microphone in imovie on the mavericks update. My postings are going to be a bit late, having trouble with my van so I haven't had enough time to practice. Additionally, I'm having unexpected visitors for a week or so. Hopefully I'm going to be able to post mine in a few days.
Ben,

Glad to see you in D002, I look forward to seeing your videos. I hope your van is working properly now, I know it's a drag when stuff like that happens. It seems like when something with a vehicle or a house goes wrong everything else gets messed up. I hope to fix the mic issue this weekend, of course I'm not a IT or recording expert so we'll see, LOL

abel

Post by abel » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:21 pm

Hi Scott;
I have heard your videos. I like them.
Go on!

Archit Junnarkar

Post by Archit Junnarkar » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:14 pm

Here is my submission for lesson 1. Feel free to post your feedback :D

[media]https://youtu.be/HEn8xVJo_D0[/media]
[media]https://youtu.be/XpDUqZxBxNQ[/media]
[media]https://youtu.be/71pEUHzOOrk[/media]
[media]https://youtu.be/QdGvVVL6E9s[/media]

Scott Fountain

Post by Scott Fountain » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:45 pm

[quote="Archit Junnarkar"]Here is my submission for lesson 1. Feel free to post your feedback :D

Archit,

Sounds great, tempo was fine, I couldn't find anything wrong. Good job :bravo:

Scott Fountain

Post by Scott Fountain » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:49 pm

Marko Räsänen wrote:Hi Scott,

It sounds to me that in your videos there are two audio tracks playing which are slightly misaligned. One is probably from the camera mic and the other from the external mic. When you add the audio from the external mic, you should disable the audio already contained in the video. As it is now it sounds like there's a strange reverb or echo.
Marco,

I was playing with my mic and audio interface and you're right. I had both the camera mic and the interface mic going at the same time. Thanks for the suggestion. I also turned off the effects on the interface (it was at hall setting). So hopefully the next submission will have a better recording, at least I hope :lol:

Scott Fountain

Post by Scott Fountain » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:54 pm

abel wrote:Hi Scott;
I have heard your videos. I like them.
Go on!
Thanks Abel :merci:

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:54 am

I'm glad you sorted it out, Scott! Good luck for the next round of recordings! :bye:
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:25 pm

Archit Junnarkar wrote:Here is my submission for lesson 1. Feel free to post your feedback :D
Hi Archit. Sounds good. :bravo:

EmmanuelVankerschaver

Post by EmmanuelVankerschaver » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:40 pm

I got reminded in the forum of another year that this first lesson only spans 3 weeks and that tomorrow (or, I guess, for most of your today...) new lessons will be published. So I rushed to have my contribution on D02 in. Will try to record Casper either tonight (albeit he has Tackle Football practice...) or over the Weekend.

Enjoy, and feel free to comment !
It's a heck of a lot easier than 2 years ago but still far from satisfactory ;-)

Polyphony 1 & 2
[media]https://youtu.be/AFZLeOLmy6Y[/media]

Danse D'Avila
[media]https://youtu.be/AzA3RzNqdvQ[/media]

Oh! Susanna
[media]https://youtu.be/BRS7DwDOtqQ[/media]

David Yang
Student of the online lessons

Post by David Yang » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:55 pm

Archit Junnarkar wrote:Here is my submission for lesson 1. Feel free to post your feedback :D
Hi Archit, I like your good control of your left hand. Your fingers are relaxed, accurate on frets, and have good independence of each finger :bravo:
Music begins where language ends.

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”