[PDF] Hume, Ray - op.308 The Myriad Nymphalids

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
Ray Hume

[PDF] Hume, Ray - op.308 The Myriad Nymphalids

Post by Ray Hume » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:35 am

I remember the summers of my childhood years as being full of butterflies - wondrous creatures filling the flowerbeds with their vibrant colours throughout the land. Alas, those days are gone and 21st children grow up now with little contact with nature.

I have tried in this piece to express the conflicting emotions that arise in me from this: the joy of experiencing nature's vitality and, on the other hand, the profound sorrow at its loss. It's terrifying to contemplate just where the rape of the planet is leading us.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fabbri

Re: [PDF] Hume, Ray - op.308 The Myriad Nymphalids

Post by Fabbri » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:02 pm

Thanks for this expressive piece and for your commentary. Knowing what lies behind the music makes such a difference when playing it (whatever critics say about 'programmatic' music). I share your feelings about the state of the world we are bequeathing. Where are the Clouded Yellows of yesteryear? A small population of Marsh Fritillaries survives locally: small compensation for the drastic reduction in every other species.

Ray Hume

Re: [PDF] Hume, Ray - op.308 The Myriad Nymphalids

Post by Ray Hume » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:58 pm

Thanks for that Fabri. I am about to post a recording I've made of it today. Check it out if it helps you to play it.

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”