[PDF] Hume, Ray - op.304 Innocence

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
Ray Hume

[PDF] Hume, Ray - op.304 Innocence

Post by Ray Hume » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:55 pm

Hu - Innocence.PDF
I've been arranging and composing music for classical guitar for the best part of 4 decades. I'm now 73 and the older I get, the more inclined I am to write simple, accessible pieces. Fernando Sor, I note, was much the same, writing virtuoso pieces as a young man and much easier ones towards the end of his life (though I hasten to add that there the comparison ends!).

I feel that there are various reasons why I have arrived at this position:

1. I'm too weary to do battle with the fretboard. I want it to be my friend not my enemy.

2. I like to provide my pupils with something new that they can enjoy playing without too much difficulty.

3. Minimalism and simplicity increasingly appeal to me. (Less is more. Small is beautiful).

4. Many guitarists like to show the world how clever they are and how they can rush around the fretboard faster than you and I. And mostly, they bore me! Especially when they play anything avant garde.

5. The classical guitar is the perfect antidote to the loudness and brashness of the culture of 21st century society across the globe. It speaks to us most effectively when it does so with the innocence of a child.

I hope you will enjoy the structure and harmony of this piece, and notice that despite its simplicity it is not without its subtleties. I began writing it at 5.30 am today and it has taken me till now to perfect it. (I think!).

Incidentally, did you know there are at least 4 possible puns upon the English word 'innocence' - viz:-

'Inner sense', 'In essence', 'In a sense', and 'innocents'.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

eyedoc

Re: [PDF] Hume, Ray - opus 304 Innocence

Post by eyedoc » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:35 pm

Beautiful thoughts!
Ron

Ray Hume

Post by Ray Hume » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:47 pm

Thanks eyedoc.

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:15 pm

Nice melody too!
Ron

Uneumann

Post by Uneumann » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:49 am

Thank you. Please, go on composing many yers further!

Ray Hume

Post by Ray Hume » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:57 pm

I 'm hoping to: thank you for your appreciation - which makes it all the more likely!

mercedes

Re: [PDF] Hume, Ray - op.304 Innocence

Post by mercedes » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:08 pm

just played that through - really pretty. Thank you.

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”